Proshift MKS rear mech help

rwm1962

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Just acquired this rear mech. If I tighten the M5 mounting bolt to the tightness I'd normally use, the mech won't pivot. I have to back the bolt off slightly for it to pivot properly.

Is this normal for these? I'm concerned it drops off while I'm riding although the bolt does not seem to pivot with the mech.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20210624_151614-01.jpeg IMG_20210624_152638-01.jpeg

Doesn’t look right to me. The stop plate looks incorrectly oriented, usually the Allen bolt stop should be pointing backwards (except in mark 1 derailleur):
1624548052040.jpeg

here’s a bad shot just taken from my bike:

1624548171804.jpeg
is the spring in the right way? Looks like someone has incorrectly fitted the spring, then reversed the b-screw So that it’s pointing the wrong way and the Allen bolt is then mid-aligned.

To avoid loosing the mech the old trick was to run a bit of fuse wire through the bolt and the hanger and tie it off against itself

Just been checking and that looks like a Mark 1 plate on a mark 2 derailleur. Maybe they changed half way through production, maybe someone incorrectly fitted it as a replacement.
Mark 1:
1624549258535.jpeg
Mark 2:
1624549282858.jpeg

Well out of my comfort zone with this. I decided to suffer half rations for a while to add some old cnc bling to one of my bikes. 😁

Looking at an exploded view of one of their mechs I can't see anything that would prevent the tightening of the bolt to bind the pivot. But they do state a deep chamfer on the frame can cause it to be snug & to back off the bolt a tad. My frame mount doesn't look particularly deeply chamfered but going to try it on a different frame.

Capture1.JPG
Capture.JPG

Back