Project: Shed(s)

16amp blue socket? Tv booster and internet cables?

Dont laugh...i wish i had run cat cable over to my garage the first time......i now use a booster system instead, which covers everywhere......cable would have been much cheaper and easier.

But, its looking great. Any ideas about colour, curtains, carpets etc?

I must find a new bit of carpet myself.....after 5 years, mines now so bad i don't even want to kneel on it in overalls!

And i spilt rust converter on it today..😖

@27motorhead , there’s 6 double sockets in total, which should be more than enough hopefully. It’s going to be pretty well insulated and I’m putting in a little wood burner, so hopefully that’ll take care of the heating.

@Tootyred, I’ve got some solid oak flooring that we pulled up during a shop fit. It’s pretty rustic but will hopefully look ok when it’s down

Cool build!
Lot's of power.
Are you building this as a new bike workshop?

Sadly not! Our house is tiny and I work from home 80% of the time, so this will double up as my office space and, when I'm not in it, a bit of additional living space for us/the kids.

Just got the stove in place last night, to figure out the exit position of the flue through the roof

IMG_0611.jpg

Raidan - lovely work and super micro stove.

Down here, more workshop fabrication. After a neighbour drove last autumn into our house at some speed (across 10m of apron) and as the resulting 80,000 gbp worth of damage to my workshop and the house has finally been fixed - I decided last weekend to build a new workbench with shelves above. Two sheets of 8by4 shuttering ply - ripped through with the circular saw...200cm long, 60cm deep for the work surface, painted black with blackboard paint, then bish bosh four shelves with uprights either end and in the middle, 200cm long and 25cm deep, drill drill screw screw paint paint. Mount vice in the middle, then it rests on stainless kitchen cabinet and matching height drawers. Done. Three alloy lamps bearing down to illuminate. Done. Total 102 gbp. Message to self. Keep it tidy.

Raidan - lovely work and super micro stove.

Down here, more workshop fabrication. After a neighbour drove last autumn into our house at some speed (across 10m of apron) and as the resulting 80,000 gbp worth of damage to my workshop and the house has finally been fixed - I decided last weekend to build a new workbench with shelves above. Two sheets of 8by4 shuttering ply - ripped through with the circular saw...200cm long, 60cm deep for the work surface, painted black with blackboard paint, then bish bosh four shelves with uprights either end and in the middle, 200cm long and 25cm deep, drill drill screw screw paint paint. Mount vice in the middle, then it rests on stainless kitchen cabinet and matching height drawers. Done. Three alloy lamps bearing down to illuminate. Done. Total 102 gbp. Message to self. Keep it tidy.

Pics or it didn't happen!

Back