Project: Shed(s)

This is all good stuff. @Tootyred I definitely take on board your comments. Every once in a while I decide ā€œright itā€™s time to have a proper cullā€ but it rarely lasts long in all honesty. There is indeed more projects than I need and itā€™s definitely a case of not being able to see the wood for the trees in there. My aim is to both reduce and organise. The latter is clearly not possible until the former gets underway. Iā€™m currently making inroads into it. A couple of bike boxes and wheel boxes have been sourcedā€¦..
All the tips on organising will definitely be re-read once in a better position to take some serious action

I can understand what others are trying to say, its i just think there is more than one way of looking at it.

I understand how some see collecting as hoarding, that could well be where they are in their lives through circumstances or pressure. I like to look at it as merely collecting. True, space will eventually become and issue im sure for most collectors and collections, though why try to convince the collector he has a problem, labeling it hoarding, and convince them to get rid of things they might not actually need, surely a collector does not need anything in the collection, he is merely collecting!?

I like to think that RB is a site for like minded collectors, and somewhere for support and encouragement for the collecting and preserving of classic bikes, and on that idea we could instead be offering ideas for expanding storage and the possibility of collecting and preserving even more great bikes and parts in the future :):cool: (of course, if his bikes were my size i too would be talking him into passing on some of his awesome collection)

No wonder newbies can't find decent bikes and parts... You have them ALL šŸ¤£

You certainly seem to have a all the Brodies in the UK. Are you sure you don't want to sell one, you probably wouldn't even notice it was gone :)

in terms of practical advice have you considered staggering the unbuilt frames on the right hand wall in a "V" shape bit like this

X X X X X
X X X X

maybe with a run of threaded bar to clamp rear drop outs onto and and some pegs for headtubes

True, space will eventually become and issue im sure for most collectors and collections, though why try to convince the collector he has a problem, labeling it hoarding, and convince them to get rid of things they might not actually need, surely a collector does not need anything in the collection, he is merely collecting!?

I like to think that RB is a site for like minded collectors, and somewhere for support and encouragement for the collecting and preserving of classic bikes, and on that idea we could instead be offering ideas for expanding storage and the possibility of collecting and preserving even more great bikes and parts in the future :)

The difference between hoarding & collecting is allegedly clinically defined as:

What's the difference between hoarding and collecting?

Many people collect items such as books or stamps, and this is not considered a problem. The difference between a "hoard" and a "collection" is how these items are organised.

A collection is usually well ordered, and the items are easily accessible. A hoard is usually very disorganised, takes up a lot of room and the items are largely inaccessible.

Last edited:
The difference between hoarding & collecting is allegedly clinically defined as:

What's the difference between hoarding and collecting?

Many people collect items such as books or stamps, and this is not considered a problem. The difference between a "hoard" and a "collection" is how these items are organised.

A collection is usually well ordered, and the items are easily accessible. A hoard is usually very disorganised, takes up a lot of room and the items are largely inaccessible.
I started reading the full article but got a bit panicked and stopped šŸ˜‚

Back