Project: Shed(s)

All jokes aside @raidan73 have you thought about raising the roof? Maybe a gable/A frame roof so you can use the overhead space?

I didn't really want to relocate the bench but I did put it in the same location as you both in a couple of my recent sketches. When the shed was built the door was positioned so that the bikes could be hung on the left of the entrance but I didn't anticipate what was to come!

The interior designer in me wants to unclutter your windows.....get the natural light in...less cavey more space!
I'll do a bit more on my doodle tonight ...before I have too many beers! I thinks I have a few suggestions....

The windows were free so saved on timber when building the shed. Of course (again) the extent of my collection wasn't foreseen!

The only issue with moving the bench is relocating the sockets; not a huge job I know.

IMG_6133.jpg

All jokes aside @raidan73 have you thought about raising the roof? Maybe a gable/A frame roof so you can use the overhead space?

Not really an option but I have considered a small lean-to shed on the side, with double doors, to allow a row of hanging bikes the same depth as the shed

Not really an option but I have considered a small lean-to shed on the side, with double doors, to allow a row of hanging bikes the same depth as the shed
Yes...
I think there are two conditions here...
All treatable!
SSS....it's a common problem many men suffer nothing to be ashamed of! Treatable 👍
CKS....nasty ...almost incurable! But livable with.
A small extension will ease both of these conditions and mean you could have a really neat space in the main shed ....possible to fit a chair in aswell for the feet up beer in hand bike pondering moments.
I'll return to my drawing board tonight see what I can suggest .

.......you could have a really neat space in the main shed ....possible to fit a chair in aswell for the feet up beer in hand bike pondering moments.

This is the aim. My good lady's tolerance for the shed (it is supposed to be a general shed, rather than my bike shed) is waning but she also wants it to be a space that's useful to me.
The building of the new shed is the current priority so any extensions will need to definitely be on the back burner. I did consider one of those plastic garden stores, just to get the "definitely don't need" stuff into while I sell it all.

Personally i would move all the bikes into the house, that should leave some room to build more with the parts you still keep buying :D

Back