Price guidance please

Thanks for the replies. Do you really think £2500 is what I should be asking for? Have others sold at this price? Sorry to question your input as I appreciate you taking the time to reply, but the bike was listed for a lot less elsewhere and there wasn’t much interest, maybe it was just the wrong place to advertise?

Thanks for the replies. Do you really think £2500 is what I should be asking for? Have others sold at this price? Sorry to question your input as I appreciate you taking the time to reply, but the bike was listed for a lot less elsewhere and there wasn’t much interest, maybe it was just the wrong place to advertise?
Probably was in the wrong place, I almost wish I had spotted it there :D The value of the Xizang bare frame is somewhere 1500£

Just a basic ti lightning is about £800 the kona explosif is quite rare to be seen in that paint job. But explosif’s in the past couple years have rocketed. I would say £500 for the explosif and £1000-£1250 for the Xizang. Depending on servicing, forks, paint .etc

I refrained from commenting as I was interested in the Xizang to buy so it’s a bit off to comment but since it sounds like I won’t be buying it …..

I like to think I know the GT market well. I’ve had 3 Lightnings in total and I bought the last 97 Xizang to be advertised.

If you really think a Xizang frame is worth £1500 you are delusional. I love my Xizang but it’s not worth that. Maybe a Bi-metal one but not a 97.

This bike is nice , but was indeed advertised last year at less than £2500 (very much so) and didn’t sell. So please don’t quote silly numbers as it’s not helping the OP who I assume would just like to truly know what it’s worth and not some speculative number.

A Lightning frame is around £600 -700 if absolutely mint. Actually rarer and harder to find as the finish isn’t something you can restore easily. There’s been a full bike advertised in average condition for £600 for ages.

I refrained from commenting as I was interested in the Xizang to buy so it’s a bit off to comment but since it sounds like I won’t be buying it …..

I like to think I know the GT market well. I’ve had 3 Lightnings in total and I bought the last 97 Xizang to be advertised.

If you really think a Xizang frame is worth £1500 you are delusional. I love my Xizang but it’s not worth that. Maybe a Bi-metal one but not a 97.

This bike is nice , but was indeed advertised last year at less than £2500 (very much so) and didn’t sell. So please don’t quote silly numbers as it’s not helping the OP who I assume would just like to truly know what it’s worth and not some speculative number.

A Lightning frame is around £600 -700 if absolutely mint. Actually rarer and harder to find as the finish isn’t something you can restore easily. There’s been a full bike advertised in average condition for £600 for ages.
When it comes to GT's and their market, this man knows his onions. In fact, I doubt there are many others on this site who are as knowledgeable.

Thanks for the honest opinion, really appreciate. You’re right, I do just want a realistic value that it would sell for in the current climate. I’m guessing what it was previously listed for wasn’t far off the mark?

Purely my opinion but it’s was too high hence no sale.

The market is hard currently even more so since last year.

Spec isn’t how I’d build as it’s rare Shimano and sram is mixed. Cranks are nice though.

If most return is the aim , then splitting is best.

It’s certainly not £500 or £2500 but definitely in between.

Back