Powder coating for Bonty OR

BlackCat

BoTM Winner
Fat Chance Fan
Evening everyone

I have a ‘96 OR that desperately needs a new paint job. Could anyone please share recommendations for a powder coater that is used doing bike frames and gets good results?

I’m sorely tempted just to get it enamelled at Bob Jackson etc sacrilege for a bonty, I know) because I want a decent result without imperfections.

Thanks!

Re:

Funnily enough I also have an OR which will need paint...eventually.

If you're London based Armourtex are still around is seems, I've used them a couple of years ago when they were still near Mare St and was impressed with the service. I had an old aluminium frame painted up as a bit of a curio and there were next to no imperfections. They do seem to have ramped up their pricing a fair bit though.

As I'm East Side myself I might give Maldon powder coaters over in Essex a shot perhaps, I've no idea how much they are price wise but the gallery images and reviews seem to suggest they're not bad.

I'll be interested to see what suggestions others have :D

Re:

Thanks for that. As luck would have it I am London based and I’m reasonably frequently on Mare St.

Great - thanks for that one. I’ll post before and afters at some stage.. interesting to see whether they’re open post covid yet..

Re:

BlackCat":2rbjxm1n said:
Thanks for that. As luck would have it I am London based and I’m reasonably frequently on Mare St.

Great - thanks for that one. I’ll post before and afters at some stage.. interesting to see whether they’re open post covid yet..

No worries! Just bear in mind they have moved premises since then and are in the N18 area these days. Their bicycle page is here - https://www.armourtex-powdercoating.co. ... er-coating

I'll be interested to see how you get on. No mention of any Kung Flu restrictions so you might be okay ;)

Re:

Ouch!

They are not cheap. Bob Jackson or the like will do enamel for £115-125 or thereabouts.

Thanks for the link. If I go with these guys I’ll stick a few pics up.

Back