TET built Salsa A La Carte sample

L-Note

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Text from FB - $590

“This is a vintage steel frame and fork built by Tom Teesdale for Salsa Cycles in the 1980s. I emailed Ross Shafer to try to get some info about it, and he mentioned Tom had built a small sample batch of about 3 frames for Salsa Cycles sometime between 1986 and 1988. The serial is SC1. Likely a precursor to the Ala Carte which began production in 1990.

It was painted in a splatter paint job originally, then powder coated a deep red by Elegant Iron in Tucson. Rear spacing 135mm based on the wheels that came with it. Never built up after the powdercoat. White Salsa Ala Carte decals were purchased, but I never ended up installing them. These are high quality decals from SSSink, and they will be included with sale.

It was sold to me as 16.5" but the seat tube seems a smidge taller than that (see measurement photo) when measuring center to top. About 19.5" top tube center to center but keep in mind it's a sloping top tube.

The seat cluster is beautiful, usually found on custom Salsa bikes, and was the part of the frame that drew me in initially. I'm selling the bike frame to pursue other projects, there are no dents/major rust issues that are present to my knowledge.

Let me know if you have any questions. Will discount for local pickup. If shipping, will be professionally packed and shipped with bikeflights.”

IMG_7911.jpeg

Back