Personal Weight Weenie, FINISHED Pg10 (for now)

Quick update…
I got some great news from my GP, my type 2 diabetes is now in full remission 😁
They want to keep monitoring me over the next 6 months to make sure I keep on track and I’ll continue to get the brilliant support from the NHS & their partner Oviva in this program.
Added bonuses are my cholesterol has lowered & my blood pressure is a normal 135/75 (I peaked in Feb with 196/105 & had a trip to hospital)
Other positives?
My knees don’t hurt 😁
I can squat 😁
I can climb all my local hills without getting off & walking 😁
Here’s some before and after shots just for fun in true Peachy restoration style;
29C7FA9D-4A8F-4501-A3DA-28BB659ADB41.jpeg F3F3731F-0924-49AA-9903-D37B5817AB07.jpeg 21E7A7DC-C7D7-4A34-81EA-01DAC7B59964.jpeg F0FB1863-967B-454F-81B0-E14060B35A9C.jpeg C15C71D8-AEF0-41D9-A073-25816C54D2FF.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow, dude, that is a huge change, nice one! I bet you feel like a whole new man, or half an old one :D

Are you sure the picture second from bottom is not one of those fairground mirrors that make you look thinner!? :)

Wow, dude, that is a huge change, nice one! I bet you feel like a whole new man, or half an old one :D

Are you sure the picture second from bottom is not one of those fairground mirrors that make you look thinner!? :)
I know it seems obvious, but I really didn’t realise how crap I felt and just how much my excess weight was restricting me. I thought I was just getting old. Now I can peddle up hill knowing I can reach the top without my heart bursting out if my chest! It’s been a game changer.

Last edited:
I know it’s obvious, but I really didn’t realise how crap I felt and just how much my excess weight was restricting me. I thought I was just getting old. Now I can peddle up hill knowing I can reach the top without my heart bursting out if my chest! It’s been a game changer.

Do you not notice any effects from loosing weight quickly? i would have thought the body needs to adapt to the change before putting it through more rigorous activities.

Do you not notice any effects from loosing weight quickly? i would have thought the body needs to adapt to the change before putting it through more rigorous activities.
Yes, during the initial 6 to 12 weeks I was advised to keep my exercise to a minimum, during that stage I was on a daily intake of only 800 calories. In the first week I lost 9lb and would feel faint after reaching the top of the stairs! In the third week I attempted to ride a bike just around the block but got off after a 100 yds as I felt dizzy.
I didn't get on a bike for 10 weeks, that was almost as hard as giving up the food, but as my body got used to the lower intake and as I lost more weight I soon found myself able to do more with the small amount of calories I was on.
I'm still on a low cal diet, but it's closer to 1500 now & I'm riding about 50 miles a week and taking the dog on a 3 mile march around the village every morning.

Back