Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
Right I’ve got a Pedal problem

I’m going to put some flat pedals on this bike
Such as DMR or some such - (rather than the small Pedals fitted) something not huge and quite light ~<360g.

should I put on:

BLUE to match the saddle
SILVER to match the err silver bits
BLACK to match the, I guess, black

I was thinking Blue - the same colour as the saddle but not sure if it’d look odd or clown-ish.

And any ideas as to what colour and make/model?

What do you think?

Attachments

• 95764E8F-83BD-419E-8C60-8B37276AE0C8.jpeg
    95764E8F-83BD-419E-8C60-8B37276AE0C8.jpeg
    325.7 KB · Views: 1,024
Personally i would go with black, and a black saddle. Silver would look ok also. The problem with blue would be matching the shade with the saddle, then you would need grips to match too :LOL: :facepalm: conclusive as always :LOL:

I remember my art teacher saying ‘black isn’t a colour, it’s an absence of colour’.

Two votes for black the. I guess.
I’m thinking Raceface or DMR.

I have a black saddle too - A fabric scoop flat - which is lovely - I alternate saddles between the two.

Attachments

• 1DFC2E71-7D65-45FB-829B-E040EA3179F0.jpeg
    1DFC2E71-7D65-45FB-829B-E040EA3179F0.jpeg
    413.1 KB · Views: 1,016
jonthefish":3r0q146u said:
^
Less colour will let the frame be the star of the show.
Interesting - do you think a dark grey rear mech such as M95x would suit better then? Plus a more discreet (M95x) front mech too?

Re:

Personally I'd go black saddle, seat post and pedals. The blue saddle doesn't go with the rest of the frame. At a push I'd go red saddle and pedals, but think black would let the frame be the feature.

I think black pedals it’ll be!

The Ritchey Seatpost matches the Ritchey handlebar but I think I’ll try the FRM black Seatpost I have to see how it looks.

I just like the blue of the saddle - stands out contrasts with the rest - though quite right that it doesn’t match the colour scheme

Attachments

• DBF490C1-84C0-400C-A666-5A3F05C4C684.jpeg
    DBF490C1-84C0-400C-A666-5A3F05C4C684.jpeg
    970.6 KB · Views: 990
Re:

Welgo MG1's in magnesium would be worth looking at. I'll probably be banned from this site for suggesting composite for such a lovely bike but they are light and don't show scratches from the inevitable ground strikes. Large choice of colours too.
Watching with interest whatever you decide. :cool:

Re: Re:

shedobits":wbuy1jgs said:
Welgo MG1's in magnesium would be worth looking at. I'll probably be banned from this site for suggesting composite for such a lovely bike but they are light and don't show scratches from the inevitable ground strikes. Large choice of colours too.
Watching with interest whatever you decide. :cool:
Thank you for the suggestion
- I hadn’t considered Composite / nylon pedals, I do prefer to have something with some CNC work and the Wellgo have been in my sites as I’ve had only positive experiences with Wellgo - and the MG1 are tempting
I was also looking at DMR V12, Vault and raceface Aeffect or Unite Instinct.

Re:

Wellgo are a massive manufacturer of pedals and I was always they told made many higher end pedals for other companies. Even heard DMR were made by Wellgo back in day. No idea if true.

Back