Paint/anodising touch up and colour match

I’m imagining that this is a subject that everyone faces during their builds……While I don’t want to fully refurb my frame and parts - cost a limiting factor as well as wanting to retain some of the patina, how have people matched and touched up the running gear:

• XTR greys,
  • Anodising (x-lite and hope red)
The examples above being specific to me….

I’m sure that there must be some “go to” automotive/airfix paints that people have discovered.

Any tips or suggestions will be greatly received, otherwise, I’ll be taking a bag of bits to my local car parts store or hobby shop for colour matching 😆

I bought a pack of paints specifically for frame touchups. You can mix just about any colour apparently. Haven't used it yet but got a user due a major refurb this summer & a few builds that'll need a touchup so we'll see. I've used nail varnish in the past.

I bought a pack of paints specifically for frame touchups. You can mix just about any colour apparently. Haven't used it yet but got a user due a major refurb this summer & a few builds that'll need a touchup so we'll see. I've used nail varnish in the past.

I’ve also used a kit of many colors of model enamel. This paint has a lot more pigment than house paint.

Back