Pace RC500, the finished project.

blunty":cofs6066 said:
Awesome work on the Pace!

Have just come across this post as I was looking for photos of an F500 to show my colleague.

I have an F500 F1 as bought direct from Pace many moons ago; it was their team race bike and I bought it off them at the end of the season. I love it. Very similar to yours but with the HEDs and big uns, it also has the chain retainer that loops over and under the front chain ring as described earlier in this post.

It has been hiding in my shed for many months now as the arrival of my little baby girl has robbed all my time! However this forum has prompted me to act. I will get it out over the weekend and give it service. Will post some images as soon as I get it cleaned up.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Hi!

Not sure how I missed this post!

Glad to be an inspiration, but would love to see some shots of yours. There are not many about you know :p

would be particularly keen on seeing the chain retainer so I could possibly have one fabricated.

Rob

Hi,

My little girl is still hogging my time so my progress has been limited!!

My bike needs a good service, the forks especially as they appear to be making noises they shouldn't. Nothing too serious, just some water in them or oil leakage I believe..... or hope.

Once I get in to gear and get it stripped, serviced and rebuilt I'll start a new thread with photos.

I have attached a couple of photos below though, I'll see if I can get some clearer chain retainer shots this weekend.

Chris

Attachments

• side1.jpg
    side1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 2,691
  • cranks.jpg
    cranks.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 2,690
Excellent, cheers Chris! Perfectly understand your priorities but would be keen on seeing more when you can. Also like the Pace chain ring, I have had plenty of the earlier traditional form pace rings but never managed to get one like that.

Hi,

I have managed to get a couple of closer shots that should give you an idea of how the chain retainer functions.

The bottom part of the retainer caps over the bottom bracket, I'm not sure if it's a locking ring or a grub screw that keeps it in place, I'll have anothe rlook and find out. The arm with the roller on it is adjustable by sliding it and locking it in postion with screws.

The top part of the retainer screws on to the swing arm. Screws 1 and 2 in the picture show how the adjustment is made either nearer or further from the frame. Screw 3 is used to adjust the roller, getting it closer to the chain ring.

Hopefully this helps,

Let me know if you need further pictures I can PM them over. I will try to take the unit off and get some shots of it off the bike however this may have to wait a couple of weekends as I don't have much time at present.

Chris

Attachments

• Top chain retainer from underneath.jpg
    Top chain retainer from underneath.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 2,597
  • Bottom chain retainer from underneath.jpg
    Bottom chain retainer from underneath.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 2,597
Truly magnificent i loved it when you originally finished it and i still love it now, and it quit rightly won bike of the month.... how could it not. :LOL:

Back