Pace RC500, the finished project.

Thanks a lot Blunty! I can replicate the lower section fairly quickly the upper swing arm mount will need a bit more work!

I also really should get my HED rims built up!

Oh if you know your frame number it would be interesting to see it added to the official Retrobike Pace list, currently my 500 is alone on it!

Jerky / Blunty how do you rate the RC150s? I am just about to start a project on an Orange MR O and would like to use as many UK manufactured/based parts as possible.

The triple clamps would suit the frame but I want to use it as a light fr/ aggressive xc ride and wondered if the Pace forks would be comparable to other retro dh forks like Shivers/ Monster Ts/early RS Boxxers etc

ferrit":29qw4hsk said:
Jerky / Blunty how do you rate the RC150s? I am just about to start a project on an Orange MR O and would like to use as many UK manufactured/based parts as possible.

The triple clamps would suit the frame but I want to use it as a light fr/ aggressive xc ride and wondered if the Pace forks would be comparable to other retro dh forks like Shivers/ Monster Ts/early RS Boxxers etc

I couldnt tell you I am afraid. So far this bike has not seen any rough stuff beyond going down the steps around the corner from work. I've also never used any of the other triple clamps you have mentioned.

Sinbadmtb":29qw4hsk said:
In a word AWESOME, nice build, I can see a lot of time and effort went into that...

ferrit":1ockwk8x said:

Hi Ferrit/Jerky, Sorry to go missing for a while there. I didn't get any mail notifications informing me of the updated posts.

On the RC150 front I love 'em. Really plush and smooth over the rough stuff without excessive bobbing on a climb. With the Hope big'uns in the middle and the forks clamping on the steering remains sharp and precise. It does take a little bit of fiddling to get the front wheel off though as there's no quick release ;)

To be fair though I can't compare this to other 'long' travel forks as I haven't used other manufactures. But I'd happily have another set!

Blunty

Hi Blunty, good to see you are still about, I too don't seem to be getting any notifications on this thread, probably finger trouble at my end though!

We will soon be having another red RC500 join us on Retrobike. Ringo recently negotiated one that was listed on ebay and although it is unlikely to be a quick finished build (hell mine took over a year to put together) I am looking forward to seeing it.

The best bit for me is he has kindly donated the swing arm section of the chain guide to me. Sadly the rest of it did not come with the frame. However I have managed to assemble hopefully enough parts now to make it work.

Sweet, a 3rd beautiful red machine :D

Mines still in the shed needing some love, that little girl of mine is keeping my free time very limited!

On the notification front I'm not getting any mails at all regarding this thread, I shall have to remember to check more often instead!

Let me know if you need any further photos to guide your chain retainer assembly.

Chris

Thought I'd join in too! I'll post a picture of my bling shiny swingarm when i get home...

As promised pictures of my shiny swingarm.

Also my EGS mech turned up. It's awesome - made to aviation standards, I'd say!

P1010029.jpg

P1010080.jpg

:D :D :D

A truly stunning bike, Shame Pace changed direction, i can't imagine what exotic bikes they would be turning out now .
Ths must be one of the best looking bikes ever made !

Back