PACE RC200 F3 Build

chicken

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
A while ago I posted on here to see if anyone was interested in a trade for a modern road bike and luckily for me ishaw came up trumps with a lovely Pace RC200 F3. My initial thoughts were for a blingy anodised build, but after discussing it with ishaw I decided to go down a more discreet and subtle look, based around a black Syncros stem.

One of the biggest decisions along the way was the choice of gruppo. Of course, I could have gone for XT or XTR, but when ishaw mentioned XC Pro Microdrive, I was all over it like a rash. My first 'proper' mountain bike was an Orange Clockwork with the lesser XC Comp MD.

Picked up the bike over a week or so ago and have started to put it together, with the aim to get it finished in the next week or so. The build has been aided by people on here already so thanks all and a big thank you to ishaw. Just a stumbling block on the conversion of a grease guard hub from 7 - 8 speed MD and the Pederson SE cantis to work out and we should be there. Then I'll get to ride it!

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1180.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

E71191F7-28F9-4433-963F-611D7C45E6B0.jpg

338F772D-9A09-439E-BEDF-1225EEDE24F1.jpg

11AD0E6A-FC04-4F26-B13D-42489FC357B0.jpg

Re:

The words that first came to my head where, you fecking nob.

Then I realised why, I was going to do a XC Pro MD build on mine but didn't have enough of the groupset and the loverly Trebz will not give me his.
So mine looks feck crap with Maguras n stuff on.

:-( This is what my F3 could have been ;-)

Re:

IMG_1347.jpg

Not much of a build thread I know, but the bike is finished. It's been a real pleasure building it and rediscovering the joys of setting up cantilevers and the nuances of Suntour Microdrive. However this build wouldn't even exist without ishaw so a massive thank you for the bike and all your sage like help after the last few weeks. Every problem I've had you've done your best to sort. From brakes I can't get my head around to the right freewheel with the all important grease guard holes you've been a star. I've also discovered that this forum is full of people more than willing to take time out to help so thank you to fluffychicken, danson67, neil, vinevo and more. I wouldn't be riding this without you all. :D

As I said, looks lovely and fills me with a heap of regret letting it go. At least it's now got a good home and owner who has managed to do what I failed to in 5 years I had it; build it and ride it.

Looks better than I'd imagined when I accumulated the parts for it.

Been a pleasure to help you get it built. Thanks for the cannondale too by the way. Not had a chance to really put it through its paces (pun intended) but having it available and ready to roll will spur me on to get out and ride the local roads without fear of reprisals from the Epsom road cyclists when they see me out on an appropriate steed rather than an mtb with slick tyres.

Re: Re:

chicken":3b46kvr0 said:
IMG_1347.jpg

Not much of a build thread I know, but the bike is finished. It's been a real pleasure building it and rediscovering the joys of setting up cantilevers and the nuances of Suntour Microdrive. However this build wouldn't even exist without ishaw so a massive thank you for the bike and all your sage like help after the last few weeks. Every problem I've had you've done your best to sort. From brakes I can't get my head around to the right freewheel with the all important grease guard holes you've been a star. I've also discovered that this forum is full of people more than willing to take time out to help so thank you to fluffychicken, danson67, neil, vinevo and more. I wouldn't be riding this without you all. :D

Nice one :cool:

More pics + spec please :)

Cheers

Thanks Wadsy. I'll try and take some better detail shots than the ones I have currently. The build list is as follows

Suntour XC Pro 7/8sp thumbshifters
Suntour XC Pro Multimount brake levers
NOS Suntour XC SE rear brake / XC front brake
NOS Suntour SC Pro MD front mech
Suntour XC Pro MD rear mech
Suntour XC Pro 8sp MD cassette
Suntour XC Pro 175mm cranks
NOS Suntour XC Pro Greaseguard BB
Suntour XC Pro Greaseguard hubs MD specific rear
Suntour SC Pro/XC Comp skewers
Campagnolo Stheno rims
Ritchey Megabite 1.95
KMC 8sp chain though do have an original Suntour chain (just need to source a couple of links)
Blackburn Mountain Cage
Syncros 1" cattleprod ahead
Syncros Bars
Sakae TR 350mm seatpost
Flite Alpes Ti
Rithcey WCS grips
Chris King 1" ahead

Back