Pace RC100 hose guides???

Yogi bear

Retro Guru
I have finally bought a Pace Rc100!
Am on the look out for some mythical Hose guides for the top tube, but not holding out much hope :(
Would someone be able to help by measuring (as accurately as possible) the ones on your own frame please? I will then model and 3D print some.

Also what is the correct seatpost post diameter, is it 26.9 or 27mm?

TIA

Firstly congratulations on getting hold of one of the most ahead of it's time bikes in existence. I can measure my cable guides for you at the weekend unless anyone else beats me to it. I do have a NOS set too in an envelope somewhere at my mum dads but might take a while to find those ones. (They won't be for sale either!) Search Cannondale cable guides A113 if you've not looked already.
Trick with the guides is the interference fit with the frame when you push the little pegs in, a bit like a rawlplug.
Let me know if you're struggling with bottom bracket bearings too.

Firstly congratulations on getting hold of one of the most ahead of it's time bikes in existence. I can measure my cable guides for you at the weekend unless anyone else beats me to it. I do have a NOS set too in an envelope somewhere at my mum :)but might take a while to find those ones. (They won't be for sale either!) Search Cannondale cable guides A113 if you've not looked already.
Trick with the guides is the interference fit with the frame when you push the little pegs in, a bit like a rawlplug.
Let me know if you're struggling with bottom bracket bearings too.
Hi,
That would be fantastic.
I had actually ordered some from vintage cannondale, but they cancelled and refunded my order. Bet that has cost me a few quid with the exchange rate!
Im trying to model them based on the picture, but just not looking correct yet.

This isn't my first Pace, but obviously every Pace owner would want an RC100. :)

The Pace & Cannondale guide is the same or made by the same (sub) manufacturer AFAIK. Cannondale was black and Pace was grey. There should be 3 parts to each guide, The guide and then 2 tiny tapered pegs that push fit downwards to fit it tightly.

Good pictures shown here;

BITD i was advised by Pace to spray lightly with WD40 during installation to ease the pegs in. Due to the geometry of the frame/stem, if the handlebars spun around it would clip the brake cable or guide and shear off the guide. If you shake many RC100 frames you can hear all the broken off bits of plastic rattling around in the top tube.

The Pace & Cannondale guide is the same or made by the same (sub) manufacturer AFAIK. Cannondale was black and Pace was grey. There should be 3 parts to each guide, The guide and then 2 tiny tapered pegs that push fit downwards to fit it tightly.

Good pictures shown here;

BITD i was advised by Pace to spray lightly with WD40 during installation to ease the pegs in. Due to the geometry of the frame/stem, if the handlebars spun around it would clip the brake cable or guide and shear off the guide. If you shake many RC100 frames you can hear all the broken off bits of plastic rattling around in the top tube.
Thats great, gives me much more to work from.
If you are able to measure yours would be really helpful. Just need the length, width at base and width at top, height and the width of the central cut out.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the Cannondale guides were slightly different to the Pace ones. They look very similar, but I think the Cannondale guides are shaped to fit a cylindrical tube whilst the Pace guides are flat to fit a square section tube. Not 100% sure about that but it would make sense.

Back