PACE RC100……HELP ADVICE NEEDED!

I may be missing something here but it looks to me that no matter how tight you do up that small nut on the threaded section, the large hexagonal nut is not going to be flush against the underside of the fork crown. Could that be the reason the threaded section has broken?
Looks like the steerer is too long - a problem I am only too happy to help out with (PM me to find out how!) ;)

Rampage":3k328ue2 said:
What is it that needs doing? Just the old thread drilling out and a new thread tapping?

Basically Yes I think this is all that is required?

PM sent Corduroyboy!

dmj":1rmzu96r said:
Rampage":1rmzu96r said:
What is it that needs doing? Just the old thread drilling out and a new thread tapping?

Basically Yes I think this is all that is required?

PM sent Corduroyboy!

I can do it if you can bring it round on monday. Assuming as someone above says, that there is enough thickness in the metal to thread it.
I'm in Denton.

Have a word with the owner of this site.

http://strangelovecycles.com/

He is an ex member of this site and just venturing into frame building, a sound guy who I am more than happy to vouch for. He has also been responsible for the best RC100 restoration the web has ever witnessed.

As for the square band, I was under the impression they used to just use a large (34.9mm?) regular band and bend some angles into it? Tim (Just backdated) or Si (Strangelove cycles) should be able to confirm/deny this.

Hi Darren,

apologies for posting here off-topic. You wrote to me regarding another bike.
I’m too new here so I can’t respond to you. The forum has some limit on this. Can you please write to me direct again with an email address, so I can respond to you?

Thanks,
Philip

Back