Orange Aluminium Elite 1992

rwm1962

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Bit of a shock how beefy this thing is compared to my steel & ti Oranges. Guess this going to be a bit of a build thread but certainly a restoration. Not at the top of queue yet but odds & ends will get sorted in between other jobs no doubt.

As advertised:

001.jpg

Now here along with a few bits & pieces extra the seller sold me:
arrived.jpg

Last edited:
What are your plans for it Ross?
Keeping it suspension at the front, same wheels..component choice? Making it a super light build. A main rider... :cool:
The worlds your oyster! :D

I'm going for rigid on this. Got a set of Elite forks for it. Looking at pictures of other Elite's I like the look of them with the rigid fork. Alistalk. Groupset wise not sure yet. I'll take stock of what's come with it before making up my mind. The saddle & braced Tranz riser bars will be going. May even put the Ram Rods I got from the seller on it as the single splash of colour. Wheels is more of an issue. Nice 231 rim on back & probably LX/DX hub - not cleaned muck off yet but the front is a mismatch with Alivio hub. As for for riding - it'll be ridden for sure!

looking forward to seeing this progress.... really need to start a build thread on mine too. All I seem to be doing is stripping, cleaning and polishing various bits at the mo ;-)

Mmm... like the sound of it. I would go for a rigid build also. Will be very light Build this. Bars ram rods could work, I would be more inclined for a silver hot rod. But equally it’s nice to have a splash of colour. What saddle are you donning, an orangel, flite, or another stealth like seat. Got a decent group set with it, Shimano XT? Worth upgrading the wheels for sure. Frame looks like it’s in pretty reasonable order. Really like it.

abr303":1ik0ivvc said:
looking forward to seeing this progress.... really need to start a build thread on mine too. All I seem to be doing is stripping, cleaning and polishing various bits at the mo ;-)

Will be well worth it :cool:
Looking forward to seeing both built up :D

Re:

Nice :cool: Kind of wish I hadn't promised my frameset to a pal now :facepalm:
Looking forward to seeing both of these builds progressing.

Cheshire1980":vh7xqgqe said:
What saddle are you donning, an orangel, flite, or another stealth like seat.

Don't get on with Flites so what I had's been moved on. I got a torn Orangel along with this which I'm going to try & repair. Recovering could be a last resort. Also got a Orange saddle with a suede like cover that needs repairing. Will be one of those probably. The saddle that came with it isn't Orange & is damaged .

Back