1992 - 199? Orange aluminium elite.

It's progressing very nicely. A few changes made since the last pic. It's now featuring a Syncros stem. ControlTech seat post. Mavic MA40 on M900 XTR. M900 F&R Mechs, M900 chainset. M735 pedals with Zefal toeclips and Avenir straps. Ringle skewers.

All finished bar trimming the cables and connecting the front brake. I'm just waiting on delivery of a new fork bridge with cable hanger built in.

thumbnail_image0-5.jpg

Lovely build - what's not to love.... but

Being a bit lazy here cos I can't remember the travel on these forks and CBA to look it up - but are these forks a bit long for an Elite?

Given they were prone to cracking - and I have one with a cracked head tube - is running a longer fork a bit risky? Or does the head tube reduction mitigate that a bit?

Lovely build - what's not to love.... but

Being a bit lazy here cos I can't remember the travel on these forks and CBA to look it up - but are these forks a bit long for an Elite?

Given they were prone to cracking - and I have one with a cracked head tube - is running a longer fork a bit risky? Or does the head tube reduction mitigate that a bit?
You could be right regarding the length / suitability.

To be fair though it won’t be getting ridden off-road often, and when it does it’ll not exactly be doing the Magavalanche. Maybe the occasional cinder track.

The forks are set up a bit on the soft side, so very forgiving.

Back