Okay, so I bought a.........Roberts

Re:

Here is the pre-world cup winning design White Spider, U brake and all. (I guess you have seen it before)

88 model year.

As mentioned, the first two numbers represent the year, followed by the month and number of production within the month they think....lol.

So not that that makes any sense.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 273
Re: Re:

MatBH5":n317n3pw said:
YY (8:cool: _ M (one or two e.g. 7= July, 11 = Nov) _ Build number that month...

Yours is second build in Sept '87

I think..!

Edit... and is very nice :)

Cheers M, thats cleared that up :)

sinnerman, not seen that one before, would love a U-brake version, I know they're heavier but I just love em.

Very chuffed man here :mrgreen:

RBG

Re:

Im told it was this Frame/Build Quality that David Baker and Tim Gould viewed/rode when they had so many frame breakages with there Genuine Peugeot built frames (it was only ever commented on in the press via Burney that the reason was for weight advantage of course... ;) ). Both Insisted on having Roberts White Spiders built for them for there build quality, weight loss, and generally improved ride characteristics, over the Stock offerings from Peugeot.

Much to the displeasure of Peugeot, it was agreed that they could have custom built Roberts White Spiders, but only if Bearing the Peugeot Livery and Colours.

Obviously When Peugeot took on the European Distribution of Ritchey, the Ritchey was refinished in the Peugeot Livery in favour of the Custom Built Roberts.

As I remember it, the bikes were used also at the Malverns, by both riders, and if im honest caused a bit of a stir, it was clear to many of us, they weren't Peugeots....Lol, in fact it was a sight to see both ride, clearing the field and crossing the line what felt like a decade ahead at the time.

The exact frame and fork was able to be custom built for the privateer racer in Reynolds 753 as opposed to the Tange Prestige Offering of the Previous/current Year, and im told was one of the First to be offered in the Roberts Team Livery of Black and White, sadly a rare sight given how few were made.

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 231
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 231
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg