Nothin’ new in t’ world - linkage forks...

just right for an e-bike - heavy, massive spec, etc etc. Makes the breed even less like a mountain bike....
It seems part of a town/utility bike thing, with shaft drive.
A project around a 100% French-built bike, apparently (pity about the Brooks saddle and Magura brakes, then.😊)

201990129_3414489335321397_5775246834173621880_n.jpg

All the best,

Last edited:
What a delicious thread! My small collection of 5 bikes includes 3 with linkages. I built a tribute to the Girvin for my Proflex Attack LE which came with an RS Quadra 5. 1625409506391.png 1625409506391.png

I then have a Whyte JW4 like the 2004 one I had from new but scrapped. Also a Whyte PRST4 which I bought because it was available. All get ridden as intended when they were new. My first fork, of which I have no pictures, I built for my "scrambler" in 1977. I turned a rigid fork backwards and drilled it to attach the front suspension units from a Honda Cub. Here's the JW4

1625409573520.png 1625409573520.png
I'll be studying the whole thread in detail.

I really should get some Girvins...I have loads of others, but they are probably the most successful ones in the thread.
And then there's the PRST-1 frame in the attic. 🙄🙂

All the best,

Danson...I ran an elastomer -based 855 for a few years of intensive South Downs riding. It was excellent, both in the front and in the rear. The axle path meant very good small bump sensitivity and then the axle path giving extension of wheelbase as compression increased meant that they were brilliant downhill and on drops. The key thing was to run the elastomers with sag, which seems weird on a short travel bike, but was the secret to really making them work properly. I used Soft-Soft combinations on front and rear, and the bike shop I bought it from thought I was mad. But they, like many retailers, did not understand the principles of suspension. Imagine a car with no sag. That would = no grip. At 140lbs I am a bit flyweight, but that gave me about 25% sag. Which then meant that the suspension actually worked as suspension, rather than as violent bouncy springs - which was what most people complained of. Proflex did not do enough work with retailers or customers, to get the right sag into set up for each rider, and the reputation of elastomer based systems became poor, in error. Bob Girvin really knew his stuff, and the system really did work. But it required the right fettling and setup. The great thing was the ramp up, and no harsh bottoming out. With sag, they rode like things with twice the travel.

Is this the original design of the Interactive before MF got it ? What is that unit attached near the BB ?

Attachments

• MF1.jpg
    MF1.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 24
Back