Withdrawn New Year’s colossal clearout:) XT Hope Suntour XC Pro XTR Flite USE Syncros etc THREAD CLOSED

walkmanman

Senior Retro Guru
FINAL UPDATE: THREAD NOW CLOSED, SEE MY LAST POST FOR ANYONE STILL INTERESTED IN BUYING
MARCH UPDATE: NOW ADDED A FULL SELECTION OF PICS FOR ALL REMAINING ITEMS, SEE END OF THREAD
16/3> EVERYTHING STILL AVAILABLE TO BUY NOW MARKED WITH PRICE DROPS> £2 OFF CHEAPER ITEMS> £4 OFF EVERYTHING PRICED AROUND £20 AND OVER, SEE EACH ITEM TO BE SURE THOUGH (SOME OF THE MORE EXOTIC STUFF ALSO GETS MORE OFF)

It’s the New Year now so time to act on my resolution to cut down on my bikes/parts hoarding and also make some cash after an expensive Crimbo. Prices not including postage. Collection is welcome. Dibs then PM please. I’ve kicked off the thread by keeping pics to a minimum (due to it’s size) but will be adding more shortly.

Paypal gift is my preferred payment type, all prices don't include postage. Royal Mail's standard 2nd class rate is £3.50, so this is what you'll be paying unless you ask for a different service. Possibly cheaper if it fits inside a letter envelope, ask for price. If you can collect then it will be from NW London.
Happy to send outside of the UK at cost, PayPal "friends" payment secures, cold hard cash only I'm afraid folks.
10/1/24 UPDATE: new parts added (see towards end of thread), plus added pics missing in OP, although still a few more to go on for new parts... And I'll try to extra ones for previously listed parts later in the week (ask if you'd like something specific and I'll provide these first).

Shimano FD-M751 front mech
Classic mech. Very nice condition. Mechanically all's well, no play anywhere and all threads are good. Some tarnishing in the chain cage. Clamp size 28.6mm. Top pull.
£15> £13

Shimano XT RD-M750 rear mech
Very nice condition although there are slight scuffs along the parallelogram front. Jockeys show minimal wear. Threads are all good with no seized bits and pivots have no play. Jockeys are original. For 9 speed setups.
£20> £16

Shimano XT skewer
A front skewer belonging to one of the above M75* series of hubs. In nice condition, the pivot action is good and threads are fine.
£5

Shimano XT SL-M750 trigger shifters.
In very nice condition, just a few scuffs to the grey finish on the l/h shifter. Great working condition, both ratchets click loudly. All threads are good.
£30> £26

[/url
[url=https://ibb.co/vwnRz8G]

Bontrager Race 4130 quill stem
A quality steel stem quite like a Salsa, it’s heat treated for strength. Nice condition except for the obvious paint chips especially on it’s left side. From the looks of it there’s chrome underneath the paint, so good quality. Length 9.5cm. Clamp size 25.4mm and fits 1 1/8" steerers. Threads and bolt heads are good.
£25> £21

Control Tech quill stem
OK condition with a good many chips on the painted part of the stem and the Control Tech stickers on the sides have gotten a bit scuffed. Also, the original quill bolt managed to get lost but the replacement one, wedge and spacers do their job well. Length 15.5cm. No upwards angle. Clamp size 25.4mm, and fits 1" steerers. Threads are good.
£25> £21

Shimano LX part groupset
Well TBH nowhere near a groupset, although I do have a few other odd bits I can let anyone buying something have (for free) if it would help make up a gruppo, just ask.

Shimano LX RD-M570 rear mech
Very nice condition although there are slight scuffs to the left of the front but apart from that very tidy looking. Jockeys are virtually new looking. Threads are all good with no seized bits and pivots have no play. For 9 speed setups.
£15> £13

Shimano LX M571 front mech
Pretty excellent condition. Mechanically all's well, no play anywhere and all threads are good. Clamp size 34.9mm. Top pull.
£10> £8

Shimano LX SL-M570 brifters
In very nice condition except for the scuffs on the clamping bands. Great working condition, both ratchets click loudly. All threads and pivots are good. For 9 speed setups.
£30> £26

[/URL]
Selle Italia Flite saddle
Classic saddle with ti rails, carbon base and leather cover. But the biggest plus is the superb comfort that many riders experience with this saddle. Obvs in red with yellow Kevlar side panels. In good condition with no scuffs although there’s a stain showing in the leather. The red colour is unfaded and still shiny. The saddle hasn't had much usage and doesn't feel saggy when riding.
£35

[/URL]
Ascent Ti Bodyfit saddle
Excellent 90s saddle with manganese rails. Condition is pretty excellent for the leather cover except for a scuff near one of the Ascent logos and a small impression showing in the leather. It has gel padding. The ti saddle rails don't feel bendy to ride on. All stitching is good.
£25> £21

Specialized Body Geometry saddle[/URL]
Another classy 90s saddle. Condition is pretty excellent for the leather cover except for a few scuffs and some of the logos having partly worn off. This feels like there’s gel padding the same as the Avocet. The manganese saddle rails don't feel bendy to ride on. All stitching is good.
£25> £21

Middleburn DH 38t chainring
Pretty minimal usage with little wear to the teeth.
£10> £8

Shimano XT RD-M737 rear mech
Pretty excellent condition except for a few tiny scuffs to the right of the barrel adjuster. Jockeys show virtually no wear. Threads are all good with no seized bits and pivots have no play. Jockeys are original. For 8 speed setups.
£22> £18

Shimano XT RD-M739 rear mech
A slightly later variant of the above mech (though don’t ask me what’s changed!) Very good condition except for scuffs on the front and the frame attaching bolt. Jockeys are starting to show some wear. Threads are all good with no seized bits and pivots have no play. Jockeys are original. For 8 speed setups.
£20

Shimano XT M738 front mech
Pretty excellent condition besides slight marks on the clamping band. Mechanically all's well, no play anywhere and all threads are good. Clamp size 34.9mm. Bottom pull.
£17

Shimano XT M738 front mech
Pretty excellent condition besides slight marks on the clamping band. Mechanically all's well, no play anywhere and all threads are good. Clamp size 34.9mm. Top pull.
£17> £15

Shimano XTR M970 front mech
Very nice condition besides the fact that some of the chrome around the XTR logo is starting to lift. Mechanically all's well, no play anywhere and all threads are good, nothing’s seized. The chain cage is a nice gunmetal grey chromed colour and the clamping band is ano dark blue. Clamp size 34.9mm. Top or bottom pull. Weighs in at only 184g.
£20> £16

[/URL]

Shimano XT/XTR M747 pedals
Not much use on these. These should last and last- I had a pair of them in the 90's used on all my bikes and hammered them with constant use and racing and they stood it all:)
Bearings buttery smooth and spring tension tight. Everything adjusts fine. Threads good. I'll include a set of new Shimano cleats with these- see pic below. Or if someone wants to buy them separately then the price will be £3.
£25> £21

Shimano XT M770 pedals
Not much use on these. Bearings buttery smooth and spring tension tight. Everything adjusts fine. Threads good. I'll include a set of new Shimano cleats with these- see pic below. Or if someone wants to buy them separately then the price will be £3.
£22

Shimano XTR M959 pedals
A fair bit of use on these but they’re XTR so holding up well. BTW they don’t have the XTR model writing on them like later XTR kit, but they’re obviously this model due to the model number starting with 9. Bearings buttery smooth and spring tension tight. Everything adjusts fine. Threads good. The clip-in steel bits and axles show chrome loss, mostly on the l/h pedal. Allen key axle removal sockets are fine. I'll include a set of new Shimano cleats with these- see pic below. Or if someone wants to buy them separately then the price will be £3.
£25> £21

Time Alium HP ATAC pedals with cleats
A set of these pedals along with cleats. Bearings buttery smooth and spring tension tight. Everything adjusts fine. Threads good. No wearing down of the cleat holding bars.
£25> £21

Ritchey Logic pedals
A set of these pedals. In pretty excellent condition with hardly a mark showing. Bearings buttery smooth and without play.
£20> £16

Time MTB ATAC pedals with new cleats
A set of these pedals along with cleats. Bearings buttery smooth and spring tension tight. Everything adjusts fine. Threads good. No wearing down of the cleat holding bars.
£30 with cleats or will sell separately for £25 (will also sell cleats separately)> £26 with cleats> £21 without

Shimano STX RC part groupset
Can do a deal if anyone wants the whole groupo, otherwise prices are as below.

Shimano STX RC MC33 chainset
A nice clean example of this chainset. Little wear from usage and the original chainrings are all there and have many more miles in them. The two inner rings show virtually no wear and the alloy outer one isn't far behind. Rings are 42/32/22t. Crank length is 175mm. Threads and tapers are good and all the bolts can be removed
Price: £25

Shimano STX RC RD-MC38 rear mech
Very nice condition although there are slight scuffs along the parallelogram front but apart from that very tidy looking. Jockeys are virtually new looking. Threads are all good with no seized bits and pivots have no play. For 8 speed setups.
£15> £13

Shimano STX RC MC33 front mechs x2
I have included two of these to give peeps a choice between clamp sizes as one is 34.9 and the other 31.8mm (may have a bottom pull one somewhere, just ask). Both are in pretty excellent condition with virtually no scuffs showing. Mechanically all's well, no play anywhere and all threads are good.Both are top pull.
£10 each> £8 each

STX RC BL-MC40 brake levers
Very nice condition although there are one or two scuffs and the STX RC logo has worn off of one of the levers.
£12

Shimano STX RC BR-MC33 canti brakes
A full set of these cantis. Comes with the rare original pads/holders except for one which is an Aztec pad/holder. In pretty excellent condition with no scuffs to the bronze finish. The brakes work perfectly. All the hardware's there. The plastic backing bits aren't cracked. The pads show little wear. The offset adjuster bolts aren't seized.
£30

Shimano STX RC SL-MC41 trigger shifters
In pretty excellent condition, virtually no scuffs showing. Great working condition, both ratchets click loudly. All threads are good. 8 speed.
£25

Shimano STX RC BL-MC38 V brakes
A complete set of these V brakes. These have non Shimano brand pads, so don't think they're the original ones. The brakes work perfectly. All the hardware's there although the rubber bellows can't be seen in the pics. The plastic backing bits aren't cracked. All threads are good and the pads show little wear.
£30> £26

Shimano STX SL-MC34 brifters
In very good condition except for a few small scuffs. Great working condition, both ratchets click loudly. All threads and pivots are good. For 7 speed setups. BTW I have quite a few other bits of STX same series kit, just ask and I’ll try to find them.
£30> £26

[/URL]
Shimano DX BL-MT63 brake levers
Pretty excellent condition with virtually no marks showing although the barrel adjusters are non original. All threads are good and pivots have no play.
£15

[/URL]
Shimano LX HB-M560 front hub
Good quality hub in nice condition. Bearings spin smoothly with no play. Nb this hub used to be part of a wheelset with matching rear hub, I’m selling this as a wheel, if interested see below. 32 spoke holes. Will include a matching skewer if required.
£10> £8

[/URL]
Shimano LX headset
For 1 1/8” threaded steerers. With cartridge bearings that are buttery smooth. All looks in pretty mint condition with no marks I can see.
£20> £18
[/URL]
Shimano LX headset
For 1” threaded steerers. With cartridge bearings that are buttery smooth. All looks in nice condition overall except for marks I left to the bottom bearing cup due to a difficult removal from a frame (marked part can be fitted hidden behind the headtube).
£20> £18

Suntour XC Pro Greasguard rear hub
Classic hub in NOS condition, although unboxed. It's in mint condition with no giveaway spoke hole markings to indicate spokes were once fitted, but all the same I've checked the bearings to make sure there's no signs of usage and they're untouched. This is the Microdrive version of the hub so the freehub is compatible with Suntour's own classy cassettes. OLN is 135mm. 32 spoke holes. I believe the freehub can take 7 or 8 speed cassettes.

£50> £45

Suntour XC Comp front hub.
Like the above hub this is also in NOS condition and is also unboxed. It's in mint condition with no giveaway spoke hole markings to indicate spokes were once fitted, but all the same I've checked the bearings to make sure there's no signs of usage and they're untouched. 32 spoke holes.
£20> £16

Suntour XC 9000 front hub.
Excellent condition. The hub is NOS, although unboxed but it does have it's original skewer. I've checked over the bearings to confirm the unused condition which i suspected after noticing that the hub flanges don't show the usual spoke pressure marks used hubs have. 32 spoke holes. The Suntour branding has faded a good bit.
£15> £13

Shimano XTR FH-M900 front hub.
Classic hub. Very good cosmetically besides a scuff near the XTR logo. It spins sweetly, although I've serviced the bearings and one of the cones shows a fair bit of pitting whilst the other one is perfect. These can still be bought online if you felt it necessary to replace them. It has 36 spoke holes. All threads are good. One of the end nuts isn’t original.
£25> £21

Hope Ti Glide rear hub with non original skewer
Classic hub for screw on blocks. The skewer isn’t original but is a similar blue to the hub. Condition is near excellent with one or two tiny scuffs here and there. Cartridge bearings feel like new and are buttery smooth. The hub isn't showing any of the alloy flange hairline cracks which these older Hope hubs are notorious for(!) 130mm bcd. Nb this hub used to be part of a wheelset with matching front hub, I’m selling this as a wheel, if interested see below.
£25> £21

Hope Ti Glide suspension front hub
Excellent sealed bearing hub with ti centre barrel. Aside from some cosmetic marks from use/lacing it is in excellent condition, no cracks, and bearings run super smooth. Also, the Hope logo/sticker has worn off and there's a scuff on the top of one of the flanges- see pic. 32 spoke holes. The hub isn't showing any of the alloy flange hairline cracks which these older Hope hubs are notorious for(!)
£25> £21

Hope Mono (earlyish model) front hub
Excellent sealed bearing hub which was a model around at the same time that the Ti Glide models were. Aside from some cosmetic marks from use/lacing it is in excellent condition, no cracks, although the cartridge bearings feel a tad gritty and would benefit from a service/replacing the cartridges. 32 spoke holes. Weighs in at a tiny 75g.
£20> £16

Unbranded outer ring.
In good used condition, the teeth are showing wear except on the ano finish. 48 teeth. 110mm bcd. Matt purple ano colour still strong and unfaded.
£10

[/URL]
Gizmo Mr Dirt chainring bashguard
For 104bcd x 46t chainrings. In a nice matt black colour. Little sign of use besides slight scuffing here and there.
£10

[/URL]

Shimano XT FD-M700 Deer Head front mech
First gen XT front mech. Excellent condition with no marks showing. No play in pivots and all threads are good. Virtually no wear in the chain cage. 28.6mm band and bottom pull.
£20> £16

Freebie innertubes
A selection of NOS x2 26'' and x1 27.5" tubes going gratis, seeing as I have so many tubes they seem to be coming out of my ears. Free to all, although out of fairness to the forum I'd ask that peeps take one tube per purchase of anything else.

Shimano XTR RD-M952 rear mech
This is a nice example of this classic rear mech. Very nice condition although there are slight scuffs along the parallelogram front. Jockeys do show wear but not too noticeable. Threads are all good with no seized bits and pivots have no play. Jockeys are original. For 9 speed setups.
£30> £26

[/URL]
Shimano XTR M953 front mech
Pretty excellent condition. Mechanically all's well, no play anywhere and all threads are good. Clamp size 31.8mm. Bottom pull.
£30

[/URL]

Shimano XTR BB-UN91 bottom bracket
XTR model from the time of the XTR first gen/M900 kit (similar to the above XTR pedals and not actually badged XTR, but the weight and model number is enough to go on). Apparently it’s a variant of the UN90 model and was rejigged slightly to be the best possible fit to work with the XTR and Dura Ace models at the time. Bearings are excellent, buttery smooth with no play. Tapers look to be JIS, all threads are good. Axle length is 107mm. Fits standard BSA/68mm BB shells. Weighs in at a tiny 337g.
£50> £45

[/URL]

Syncros bottom bracket
A classic model to compete with the XTR and Dura Ace models at the time when this kit still had square tapers. Very light design with full alloy body and ti axle. Bearings are excellent, buttery smooth with no play. Tapers look to be ISO when compared to XTR BB above. Axle length is 111mm. Fits standard BSA/68mm BB shells. Weighs in at a scarily light 228g.
£50

[/URL]
[/URL]

Shimano BB-ES51 bottom bracket
Excellent condition, hardly used IMO. Bearings are excellent, buttery smooth with no play. Has an Octalink axle interface, all threads are good. Axle length is asymmetrical 121mm, so would fit triple setups. Fits standard BSA/68mm BB shells.
£20> £16

[/URL]

USE seatpost
The classic USE inline seatpost. This example is uncut. The colour is still strong and there’s no sun fading, although some has rubbed off from frame insertion, so is faded in this area. There’s a couple of scuffs too. Nothing is bent and all threads are good. Length is 414mm. Diameter is 25.0mm.
£30> £28
[/URL]
[/URL]
USE seatpost
The classic USE inline seatpost. This example is cut down. The colour is still strong and there’s no sun fading. One or two scuffs can be seen. Nothing is bent and all threads are good. Length is 254mm. Diameter is 25.0mm.
£25

[/URL]

Shimano XT SL-M092 brifters.
In pretty excellent condition except for one or two tiny marks. Great working condition, I’ve rebuilt the left shifter pod due to it being quite gunked up and it now works perfectly, both ratchets click loudly. All threads and pivots are good. For 7 speed setups.
£50> £45

Shimano XT M735 front mech
This mech is pretty rare as it was one of the first low slung mechs available, plue it’s the less common XT model. Very good condition although the XT logo has faded a bit. Mechanically all's well, no play anywhere and all threads are good. Clamp size 28.6mm. Bottom pull.
£20> £16

For pics see 2nd page of thread

Yeti grips, slide on. In little used condition although could do with a clean with acetone.

Free if buying something else.
[/URL]

Mavic 221 front wheel with Hope Ti Glide hub
Classic wheel from the 90s. Well built and still true and perfectly round. The rim has minimal braking wear and there’s no marks etc. The hub spins fine and bearings are buttery smooth without play. The blue colour is unfaded and there’s no scuffs to be seen. There are 32 spokes. The tyre fitted is a slick Specialized Nimbus, if it’s not wanted let me know and I’ll remove it. The skewer included is not the original Hope one but is a good match with the hub’s colour. EDIT: after cleaning up and inspecting the hub on the day I listed the wheel for sale, I was in quite a rush and failed to spot a few hairline cracks in it's alloy flanges. These hubs are sadly famous for getting these cracks and I think another reason I was so casual when first checking for damage was that I have three other used (and same vintage) Hope hubs listed for sale and none of these show the notorious cracks, so I didn't really expect them on this one either but now I know better!
£40> £35
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

Mavic M231 rear wheel with LX FH-M563 hub
Another 90s wheel. Well built and still true and perfectly round. The rim has minimal braking wear and there’s no marks etc. The hub spins fine and bearings are buttery smooth without play (I've recently serviced it and bearings are perfect, without signs of wear). The black colour is unfaded and there’s no scuffs to be seen. For 7 speed cassettes (hub is compatible with 8 speed ones if you need this and can fit a suitable freehub). Hub OLN is 135mm. There are 32 spokes. The tyre fitted is a slick Specialized Nimbus, if it’s not wanted let me know and I’ll remove it. The skewer included is original.
£40
[/URL]
[url=https://ibb.co/gFNFSM5][/URL]
[url=https://ibb.co/rd2Q5zS][/URL]

Hope skewer
A rear skewer with the usual classy Hope machining. In nice condition, the pivot action is good and threads are fine.
£8> £6

Hope bar end plugs
Classy bungs although a bit scuffed. All threads are good and they fasten down well.
£10> £8

Hope headset top cap with bolt and headset seal/top race
In good condition although the top cap is noticeably faded, The alloy bolt is fine and the allen key socket is undamaged.
Cap £5, seal £5> £3 each

[/URL]
Kona seatpost clamp
For 34.9mm diameter seat tubes. Colour is a very pale grey/green, hard to photograph. No damage besides one or two tiny scuffs.
£5> £3

Shimano XT skewer
A rear skewer belonging to one of the M76* series of hubs. In nice condition, except for to scrapes to the finish. The pivot action is good and threads are fine.
£5> £3

[/URL]

RockShox Indy XC forks
Classic 90s forks for 26" wheels. Long travel design. Suspension is still very plush with no stiffness. Legs are straight with no damage. Steerer tube is threaded and 1”. All threads are good. The paintwork is a bit tired but still presentable IMO. The steerer tube measured 140mm in length.
£40> £35

LIST CONTINUES... SEE SECOND PAGE OF THREAD.

Last edited:
Morning. Can I take the XT-737 rear derailleur, STX-RC shifters and STX-RC brake levers please. PM incoming

Back