NEW TI RALEIGH 753 40TH TDF ANNIVERSARY MODEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
The History Man":2bf7w1i0 said:
We could make a fortune looking at this lash up.

This time next year, we'll be Millionaires Rodney! :roll:

IJohnson":yep40rkh said:
Seems a bit of a schoolboy error, and if I had bought one expecting a replica the sloping top tube would annoy me!
If they got that wrong what's the story with the rest of the geometry? Is that all correct? BB drop, fork rake and trail, head angle, seat angle must all be wrong if the fork blades are longer! Unless they factored for that. But is there anyone left at Raleigh who understands these things?
The proof of the pudding will be in the eating. Has anyone ridden one yet? How does it handle?
This chap has ridden the new Ti 40 and reckons it's better than the original bike he owns... but then hey... what does he know.. :roll:
https://youtu.be/C44ujz3nm-M

Attachments

• TI-Raleigh-Anniversary-Edition-with-Joop-Zoetemelk_2048x2048 (1).jpg
    TI-Raleigh-Anniversary-Edition-with-Joop-Zoetemelk_2048x2048 (1).jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 192
The History Man":kg0kxnqx said:
.. and repaint this lash up...SB 4059 while you're at it.. :facepalm:

Attachments

• ta-and-contrex-tour-de-france-ti-raleigh-sbdu-sb4059-bottle-and-cage-fitted.jpg
    ta-and-contrex-tour-de-france-ti-raleigh-sbdu-sb4059-bottle-and-cage-fitted.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 174
vcballbat":ax7t8rog said:
IJohnson":ax7t8rog said:
Seems a bit of a schoolboy error, and if I had bought one expecting a replica the sloping top tube would annoy me!
If they got that wrong what's the story with the rest of the geometry? Is that all correct? BB drop, fork rake and trail, head angle, seat angle must all be wrong if the fork blades are longer! Unless they factored for that. But is there anyone left at Raleigh who understands these things?
The proof of the pudding will be in the eating. Has anyone ridden one yet? How does it handle?
This chap has ridden the new Ti 40 and reckons it's better than the original bike he owns... but then hey... what does he know.. :roll:
https://youtu.be/C44ujz3nm-M
He knows his bank balance has just improved.

As for better, Mandy rice Davies springs to mind.

vcballbat":2ka2247y said:

Attachments

• 16B7E32D-2351-415D-AC80-3612C45371AA.jpeg
    16B7E32D-2351-415D-AC80-3612C45371AA.jpeg
    311.4 KB · Views: 178
Re:

The whole thing is a fit up...or should it be a frame up...or down...a slope

Ask Trump he has an angle on how things appear to be or not...stop the poll

The History Man":3l44krbc said:
I know, there's a little collection of half decent Raleigh frames in my garage crying out for a nice shade of rouge, If only I'd got my backside in gear in the spring.

I did do a ladies one a while ago for our lass to use and this is the only picture I have of it sadly because that really did have sloping top tubes and I had to be very inventive to make the decals fit.

Attachments

• ladies team.jpg
    ladies team.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 134
My favourite Mixtie

Re:

and talking of nostalgia premium, my 1984 Nottingham LU 531 frame (Competition 12 / Gran sport 12 maybe?) just went for £425 on eBay

Peachy!":3kli2har said:
My favourite Mixtie
I've another Royale 10 frame in the garage so perhaps I should do a his and hers pair to sell

JSH":3kli2har said:
and talking of nostalgia premium, my 1984 Nottingham LU 531 frame (Competition 12 / Gran sport 12 maybe?) just went for £425 on eBay
Well I definitely didn't ask enough for that bike when I sold it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back