Wanted New member after a cheapy retro bike

expandingmaan

Dirt Disciple
Hi there,
I havent rode a bike in about 10 years. I need to get active again!
Ive decided to acquire a fairly cheap retro bike (maybe £100 give/take dependent on spec?) rather than going all out at halfords. is £100 feasible?

Do you guys recommend anything within £100 or so. I intend to modernise it a bit with v-brakes, trigger gears and what not (if it doesnt have it already)

Any advice would be appreciated. Im based in the west-midlands.

Keep an eye on the for sale bit, but im sure somebody will have a bike fir that kinda money.....especially if your willing to collect it.

Keep an eye on the for sale bit, but im sure somebody will have a bike fir that kinda money.....especially if your willing to collect it.
Hi there,
Yes im willing to collect. But dont fancy a long day trip for one lol. Im in Dudley to be more precise

have you googled from a bike recycling centre local to you? there are a few dotted around the country. these are typically charitable organisations that teach skills, rebuild bikes, send bikes to countries that need them, etc. they often have sensibly priced bikes for those who want to dip a toe.

Sheffield has recycle
Warrington has walton lea trust.
It's worth looking.

have you googled from a bike recycling centre local to you? there are a few dotted around the country. these are typically charitable organisations that teach skills, rebuild bikes, send bikes to countries that need them, etc. they often have sensibly priced bikes for those who want to dip a toe.

Sheffield has recycle
Warrington has walton lea trust.
It's worth looking.

Thank you, i shall give it a google.
There's a very nice specialized Rockhopper for sale on this site for£80 collected
I cant seem to find it in the sale section?

Note: im approx close to 6ft. I assume a 19", 20" or a 21" frame would suffice?

I cant seem to find it in the sale section?

Here is a link to the Rockhopper

Back