My PEUGEOT Collection - One bike at a time

Hi all, I've not put many threads up on here and its high time I did so. Id like to share my PEUGEOT collection over the next few weeks/months as I slowly upload my photos (it takes time). I've been accumulating & restoring for various mtb Pugs for the last 7yrs (looking out for those Blackrocks, Saharas & Anacondas ;) ). For me it all started with a cycle shop located in Aberdeenshire, UK at the age of 10yrs (circa 1987-8:cool:. It was called Ythan Cycles. It finally went out of business somewhere in late 90s or early 2000s, but the old sign can be seen on the building facia today. I will get a photo of this and upload at a later date. Throughout my teenage days i would regularly visit Ythan Cycles and drool over the Peugeot bikes, collect the catalogues and follow the Peugeot team in the MTB magazines. Even going to the WC Grundig events at Strathpether / Aviemore to watch the infamous T Gould battle it out with J Tomac. Happy days, happy meories and I owned a few Peugeots over the years including the car variant 450 Mi16. :xmas-cool:View attachment 519413
J. Yes you have a few. .... ............. Interesting about Ythan Bikes - it was set up and owned by Dave Anderson - He was a fast Deeside Thistle racer in the 1960's who opened up Ythan Bikes when he retired - sadly no longer with us.

Hi all, next up! realising I missed my latest Peugeot find and restoration. So, adding it now a bit late. Found on Ebay 6mths ago = Peugeot Grisley Team (no. 585). From around 1994ish… This team line frame is aluminum tubes and lugs, which are bonded. The lugs were prone to corroding under the lacquer as you can see, but structurally fine.

A full strip down and rebuild, Rockshox fork service done and its tided up rather nicely. A bit battle scared, but lovely non the less. Featuring a mix of Shimano XT and Ritchey components. Potentially a good pub run bike as the components are in good condition, and I don't mind it getting marked/scuffed! :LOL:

View attachment 626850

View attachment 626863
Love this !
What a collection man!! And in such lovely lush condition and look

Hi all, I've not put many threads up on here and its high time I did so. Id like to share my PEUGEOT collection over the next few weeks/months as I slowly upload my photos (it takes time). I've been accumulating & restoring for various mtb Pugs for the last 7yrs (looking out for those Blackrocks, Saharas & Anacondas ;) ). For me it all started with a cycle shop located in Aberdeenshire, UK at the age of 10yrs (circa 1987-8:cool:. It was called Ythan Cycles. It finally went out of business somewhere in late 90s or early 2000s, but the old sign can be seen on the building facia today. I will get a photo of this and upload at a later date. Throughout my teenage days i would regularly visit Ythan Cycles and drool over the Peugeot bikes, collect the catalogues and follow the Peugeot team in the MTB magazines. Even going to the WC Grundig events at Strathpether / Aviemore to watch the infamous T Gould battle it out with J Tomac. Happy days, happy meories and I owned a few Peugeots over the years including the car variant 450 Mi16. :xmas-cool:View attachment 519413
What an astonishing and very lovely collection! My Pug collection is tiny, just a single Python; not original wheels but it is getting some workshop & PBS attention. To ride or not to ride, that is another question...

Back