My PEUGEOT Collection - One bike at a time

Jam_SWorks

BoTM Winner
Specialized Fan
Feedback
View
Hi all, I've not put many threads up on here and its high time I did so. Id like to share my PEUGEOT collection over the next few weeks/months as I slowly upload my photos (it takes time). I've been accumulating & restoring for various mtb Pugs for the last 7yrs (looking out for those Blackrocks, Saharas & Anacondas ;) ). For me it all started with a cycle shop located in Aberdeenshire, UK at the age of 10yrs (circa 1987-8:cool:. It was called Ythan Cycles. It finally went out of business somewhere in late 90s or early 2000s, but the old sign can be seen on the building facia today. I will get a photo of this and upload at a later date. Throughout my teenage days i would regularly visit Ythan Cycles and drool over the Peugeot bikes, collect the catalogues and follow the Peugeot team in the MTB magazines. Even going to the WC Grundig events at Strathpether / Aviemore to watch the infamous T Gould battle it out with J Tomac. Happy days, happy meories and I owned a few Peugeots over the years including the car variant 450 Mi16. :xmas-cool: 26.jpg

Last edited:
First story to tell is my current project... for me the dream bike in my youth! The Peugeot Team with full XT groupset. ITs taken me well over 10yrs to spot one and finally! one came up on ebay and what a cracker it was. Its had a full strip down and rebuild, virtually all the components were period correct when I received it with minimal wear... I just had to source the right tyres, some new XT brake lever hoods, a shark fin, rebuild the wheels with new spokes and give it a blood good clean / polish. Enjoy the photos! Team (4).jpg

Last edited:
One painful topic i discovered after purchasing the bike from ebay was the seat collar had a hidden gremlin... Clearly something had gone on in its early life which the seller did not reveal to me. A bit painful, but non the less the Pugs of this time were known to crack around this very area. I toyed with sending the frame away to be repaired but decided not to. I love the original paint work too much. So I bought a new seat collar a machined a work around. yes frustrating but no the end of the world.

Attachments

• Team (15).jpg
    Team (15).jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 328
...and of course its entered into this years XMAS retro competition... The final destination for this bike will be on the wall of my office and staying with me until i die probably. Never to be sold :xmas-big-grin:

Attachments

• XMAS Pug (5).jpg
    XMAS Pug (5).jpg
    574.5 KB · Views: 299
Back