my pace rc200 refurb rebuild

Rich":2roifrxq said:
That's a nice amount of gold on the frame, really sets it off :)

I bet you can't wait to get on it and ride :D

Rich

Cheers mate, yeah I can't wait, hopefully have it done for late spring/early summer, then I can get out on it while the weather is still good. I need to make my mind up on my crank choice, middleburn rs2 or xt m737?? I'm not sure

Crantinope":2roifrxq said:
Very nice. Perfect balance

Nice one, cheers mate

Got to be Middleburn for me, though if you're going the whole XT route, then go for the Shimano cranks :)

Will you ressurrect the Pace brake rocker on the rear monostay?

Rich

Hi guys, hope this is of some interest!?

Don't think it's as clean as yours looks but here you go!

Attachments

• WP_20140304_001.jpg
    WP_20140304_001.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 379
  • WP_20140304_008.jpg
    WP_20140304_008.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 379
  • WP_20140304_002.jpg
    WP_20140304_002.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 379
  • WP_20140304_004.jpg
    WP_20140304_004.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 377
  • WP_20140304_005.jpg
    WP_20140304_005.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 378
  • WP_20140304_006.jpg
    WP_20140304_006.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 377
  • WP_20140304_007.jpg
    WP_20140304_007.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 379
I think as this is an early frame, it would look spot on with Bullseye cranks and the patented Pace- one piece steerer/stem, the Rc 45's were total garbage, most returned to suppliers as they used to "twist" and then set. The longer ones were obviously worse, I twisted 3 myself and have a friend who still owns a good lbs had every one he sold returned for this reason.
Will be great when it's finished! :cool:

minor_LEGEND":1e6wavy5 said:
Good to see this being done with such attention to detail, it looks awesome so far.

Thanks mate, I appreciate that :)

Rich":1e6wavy5 said:
Got to be Middleburn for me, though if you're going the whole XT route, then go for the Shimano cranks :)

Will you ressurrect the Pace brake rocker on the rear monostay?

Rich

I would love to go with middleburn's, ive been looking for some for a while, I did bid on some rs1 and rs2's on the bay but they went for far to much. ive just took delivery of some xt m730's. They are pretty tatty but I will give them the wet and dry treatment and re polish them up, ive got a set of really clean hardly used pace champaign rings on there way to match the crown on the forks and some nos gold srp crank bolts and caps on their way to me so I think they will look pretty nice once rebuilt. If I don't like them I will be on the look out for some middleburn's again.
Ive got a nos pace brake rocker for the rear sitting in my shed, I managed to get hold of one through justbackdated on here, but the pitch of the thread on the bolt seems to coarse so I need to speak to him and see if there is a different bolt available, my only problem then is the ongoing problem of the forks, what to do so I can fit cantis to the front, might have to change the forks. Shame because I really like them even though they are quite a bit newer than the frame and the fact ive just rebuilt them. if I do im tempted to go for some rc30 rigids.

orritt1974":1e6wavy5 said:
Hi guys, hope this is of some interest!?

Don't think it's as clean as yours looks but here you go!

Cheers mate, nice looking bike you have there. always nice to see another pace :D

Wold Ranger":1e6wavy5 said:
I think as this is an early frame, it would look spot on with Bullseye cranks and the patented Pace- one piece steerer/stem, the Rc 45's were total garbage, most returned to suppliers as they used to "twist" and then set. The longer ones were obviously worse, I twisted 3 myself and have a friend who still owns a good lbs had every one he sold returned for this reason.
Will be great when it's finished! :cool:

Thanks mate :) I hear what your saying, and to be honest the one piece would be more period correct to the frame, but im just not a fan of the look of them. bullseye's are very nice though.

Yeah I know, I can't wait to get it done, but I'm struggling to fire some hub to get the wheels built. I'm looking to get some hope ti glides in silver or black, but they only seen to come up in blue or purple :(
It will get finished eventually, working to get my raleigh rsp 600 finished this weekend so I can take it out tomorrow.

Back