My new GT Karakoram, 1989?

Thanks gm, that is where it is at. Legibility not too bad, either. I did look there, but I think that dirt + the plastic cable guide hid it a bit.

And the BB is out, including the drive side cup! :cool:

Now if I can just get the effin' headset nut lose... :x

Re:

Some photos of the finished bike back in the spring. I've put 101 miles on it since! :D

As well as replaced both tires, the chain, and rear derailleur! :x

15124244824_5b7e371821_z.jpg
[/url]DSCN1875

15720489926_b8abae4a55_z.jpg
[/url]DSCN1879

15558761628_a37995a34e_z.jpg
[/url]DSCN1883

15742286821_cb50d1a8d5_z.jpg
[/url]DSCN1888

That's absolutely lovely, gorgeous paint job. The stem looks like it's quite far out, is it not past min. insertion?

The stem looks like it's quite far out, is it not past min. insertion?

I don't think so. The one closeup picture makes it look longer than it is, I think.

If I saw a min insert line when I had it apart, I would not have disregarded it. I cant see any markings above the headset, or feel them with a fingernail. There is probably 1.5" of stem quill exposed, but I'd say its only possible to lower it about an inch or the brake fitting would interfere with the top locknut.

jaypee":1x4vsgbe said:
That's one of the coolest paintjobs I've seen :cool:

Must be pretty rare too, plenty of karakorams about but I've never seen one like that.

Neither I :cool: It is really nice.
Reckon its a heat effect ?

Thanks phatmar. The paint sure was what did it for me. If it was just run of the mill red or blue, I wouldn't have been interested. Because other than the paint, there's really nothing special about it. Just a late 80s CrMo frame with mainly Deore components.

Back