My Geoffrey Butler build 1 of 2

For the Hifi curious I've added some more pics and set a turntable ID quiz over in the right place in the HiFi thread here

allenh":oh9bgovc said:
For the Hifi curious I've added some more pics and set a turntable ID quiz over in the right place in the HiFi thread here

And you think that’s an end to it? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Peachy!":1dwvudja said:
allenh":1dwvudja said:

And you think that’s an end to it? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Not in the slightest :LOL: but I have to give the illusion of control

Re:

Hi, new to the forum and posted in the newbie section the other day.
I have just finished a Geoffrey Butler build. I bought the frame which was still in what looks original paint. It has a couple of age related marks but bears an almost identical resemblance to your bike with the exception of the front deralliuer cable guide on the bottom bracket.
I was told when I bought it, it belonged to a man who raced it in the 70s and probably dates early 70s, although when I was taking out the original bottom bracket the shaft had 78 stamped on it. That is not to say that was replaced at some point.
I have covered about 200 miles on mine so far and loving it. It is my first steel bike and like many on won't be my only one.
And on a side note I also have a Marantz amp in the house
Having issues with my phone adding images, but will open the laptop later and post some.

Re: Re:

Frag68":283pjo1j said:
Hi, new to the forum and posted in the newbie section the other day.
I have just finished a Geoffrey Butler build. I bought the frame which was still in what looks original paint. It has a couple of age related marks but bears an almost identical resemblance to your bike with the exception of the front deralliuer cable guide on the bottom bracket.
I was told when I bought it, it belonged to a man who raced it in the 70s and probably dates early 70s, although when I was taking out the original bottom bracket the shaft had 78 stamped on it. That is not to say that was replaced at some point.
I have covered about 200 miles on mine so far and loving it. It is my first steel bike and like many on won't be my only one.
And on a side note I also have a Marantz amp in the house
Having issues with my phone adding images, but will open the laptop later and post some.
Good to know and I'd love to see some pictures of yours.

And as you've probably already been told there's no hope for you now, give it a couple of months and you'll have steel framed road bikes hiding in every spare bit of space you can find.

You might find the images thing is down to the number of posts (you have to have had over a particular number before you can post pics) or the sizing as they need to be below a certain size both in pixels and in bytes. 1200x900 and 1/2 a meg from memory.

And on the Marantz front yes I've got one too, there's a PM44SE up in my workshop somewhere.

I finally got a long enough seatpost that fits this one so it had its maiden ride this morning.

All very nice and I'm liking how it rides although the seatpost is still going to change when I can get a suitably old one as this ones just too modern looking.

Attachments

• IMG_20200530_101114.jpg
    IMG_20200530_101114.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 249
Lovely job Allen. Now get it in RBotM... the thread needs a pick-me-up...

Peachy!":2fu4iwpi said:
I've already got one in there Mr P, it was a bit thin on entry list when I added that so I'm assuming that's still the case.

allenh":2ceih23n said:
Peachy!":2ceih23n said:
I've already got one in there Mr P, it was a bit thin on entry list when I added that so I'm assuming that's still the case.

Ah yes, of course....
And my Colstar 105 equipped retromod(ish) is still in the pre-paint trial stage... might have something special for next month though ;)

Back