Muddy Fox Rock'n'roll pro project

A transformation!
Just sat on it for the first time and it looks like it will actually fit. I’m only 5’9 or so, and this was apparently a large. I was concerned it would have too much reach but a modern fork/stem/bar setup has kind of reduced that.

Ended up needing a 140mm rear disc to clear the nds chainstay. Chinese brakes, good… Chinese groupset, moderate to poor 😂

Just waiting on a seatpost which should be here today. I took it for a spin up the drive without a saddle last night 😳

6BBC4912-F651-4223-80A3-DE6884B52B4A.jpeg

Seatpost delivered, that’s the last thing required (aside from some shock pivots that are currently made from m8 bolts)….. might be able to take this for a spin later

Woohoo, quick blast down the lane, it fits, it rides nicely. Well chuffed with this. Will put up some proper photos when the pivot bolts show up and it’s all buttoned up and looking tidy.

Spec list:

Forks: RockShox Recon Gold TK, air, 100mm (came off a charge duster 11)
Shock: Exa form 582RL, air
Wheels: Something I picked up from marketplace, I can't remember but they're 'decent ish'
Bars: Toseek 740mm carbon riser
Stem: Toseek 60mm carbon/alu
Brakes: Meroca M4, 160/140 F/R
Drivetrain: LT-Woo A7, 1x10 (it's a bit rubbish but it was £50)
Tyres: Marathon plus MTB 26x2.5, no-flats tubeless kit
Mid drive motor: TSDZ2 with latest osf, SW102 display
Battery: 36v7aH bottle cage battery
Cranks/Pedals: Shimano square taper, M520 pedals
Saddle: SDG BelAir

Hope everyone is having a good start to the year... I had this frame in my watch list for about 6 months, finally decided to grab it from the seller...

View attachment 608774

I don't know why I bought it really, other than I like steel framed machines, I needed another project, and I liked the styling/geometry/linkage design. I have a soft spot for modern flex-stay designs (despite not owning either a Swarf or a Project12 frame).

It showed up yesterday. Shock is dead, shock hardware is all bent and the rocker mount on the seat tube has cracked welds. It's a good job I have a tig welding shop, although I'll fillet braze these repairs to add some reinforcement to the pivot area, the welds all being underfilled.

The plan is:

1x10 drivetrain
Rockshock 120mm front forks from a Charge Duster 11 (I have them in stock)
EXA Form rear shock (the only thing I could find that was 150mm eye-eye) - I bought both air and coil versions
Convert the rear to disk with a braze on
TSDZ2 mid drive motor (probably) - I enjoy the one on my Genesis iOiD so much, a non e-bike is a bit boring now

I went on an aliexpress binge last night and bought a £50 10 speed groupset, Carbon 740mm bars, carbon stem, ztto headset with sealed races. Just got to fix the frame, and find some wheels and brakes.

Going to strip it and spray it gloss white to match the forks.
It's a 1994, I've still got this from brand new

Attachments

• 16870180652596926183198776929332.jpg
    16870180652596926183198776929332.jpg
    556.8 KB · Views: 8
Back