Muddy Fox Rock'n'roll pro project

Yep, but I might end up adding it to both sides, as it’s a flex stay design. I wouldn’t want one side to flex more than the other. It might mess up these hi-tech kinematics 😂
It does seem like the dropout joints are under a lot of stress with this design as it is. But i am probably underestimating the strength of the joint.

I’ve measured the seat tube at 29.7-29.8mm… is that realistic for this era of frame?

Trying to find a seat post….

Last edited:
Braze-ons are silver soldered on. Four on the underside of the top tube, four on the seat stays. Nearly ran out of easy-flo….. serious rationing going on tonight 😂

Just got to find some suitable tube to brace the dropout area, a rummage in my scrap bike pile should turn up a frame I can chop up.

I still need to actively look for some 26” disc wheels, not a whole lot on Facebook down here in Dorset.

I’m going to go for gloss white, black everything else (bars, brakes, seat post etc) , black decals. 77FA927F-2A44-450F-9910-D9E23CBA9E85.jpeg E7894C8A-FDD7-4187-A12E-F9D6CA6E7C61.jpeg

Nice work. Not often you see these frames getting any love. I've got a Muddy Fox catalogue somewhere, will have a look to see what full suspension frames were available. Unsure of date but it's a mid/late 90s catalogue.

Not a great photo but it is from my 1997 catalogue. Not your bike but very similar still. 1997 Rock and Roll Pro.

Attachments

• IMG_20220403_212101.jpg
    IMG_20220403_212101.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 21
That’s the one, yep. It has the flex-stay design without any pivots at the dropouts.

Thanks very much for the information, I appreciate it.

BTW: I might be wrong, but too me the identical bike has been sold labled as Bianchi too

Screenshot from 1996 brochures
Bianchi FS 121.PNG

Back