MTB club rule says hardtail or full suspension only

Stick a suspension seat post in :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Or follow Longun’s initial advice, it has certain je ne sais quoi about it

Re:

Are you sure its not to discourage non mountain bikes?

Ie they dont want gravel prats...(oh sorry predictive text, should say Gravel Prats). Turning up on their reinvented retro mountain bikes, shouting " ive got 1" of fork travel...see how i glide this terrain you fools!".

I would have a rule like that, for that reason.

Re:

It sounds like maybe they’ve just “forgotten” about rigid mtbs in writing that “rule”, they probably want to keep the group mtb based and not have gravel, CX, hybrid etc bikes turning up at rides and probably then getting out of their depth or slowing the rides down too much (no matter that CX bikes tackle the 3 Peaks race each year, but let’s not get into that...).
You’d be best off contacting them, I think perhaps they’d be worried about a retro rigid bike not being able to keep up on their rides, which seems a bit elitist to me, but then the larger mtb clubs often have different groups for rides based on experience or ability,or more local or steadier group rides during the week.

You could always look up you most local Retrobike area group? I’m sure they wouldn’t mind you turning up on an old rigid bike :D

Or you could start up your own group/club based around the sort of riding you do, it might only be just you in the club at first, but chances are there’ll be other people in the area in the same position as you, whether it be on a rigid retro or newer bike.

Re:

Sound like Leeds Mountain bikers group.

Also say knee pads should be worn, and for routes like Dalby Red, which is fine on the most knackered of retro none suspension bikes.
Also doable on a full sus activator as well.

It is probably just some house rules that group use to say, we're riding off road.
Some of the places may be a bit rough.

Hardtail was never a thing when I road properly, it was full or front sus as the option to a regular bike. So a hardtail to me is rigid, front sus or flex stem bike ;-)

Now it sounds like rigid just isn't a thought they can comprehend, but don't turn up on your road bike might be what they mean.
Ask them.

Why not get some rides with people on here, in these places.

In all seriousness, its got to be to stop unsuitable bikes turning up and jimo is correct, they just havn't listed all mountain bike options .

Centre parks have " off road riding" tracks, that you could complelete on a raleigh chopper!

It might be to just discourage people thinking iits going to be like that, so they can turn up on a folding shopper and get round.

Its an over reaction to the 'elf n saftey gone mad' thing and over exposure to shouty youtube/ tiktok videos

Turn up in full downhill gear riding a Dawes Kingpin and shout 'Send it!' at every available opportunity?

Re:

Seems they haven't made the clearest explanation.Can't see them having issue with this....

Attachments

• bike2.jpg
    bike2.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 125
Back