Mountain mayhem 2019 aftermath thread

legrandefromage":3ok0mv45 said:
A year can be a very long time but I am working on a better sound system and the possibility of playing live.

oh and bicycles, better think about that too.

The MBK was £20 (with a set of £10 wheels) and the Proflex Offroad Master cost a whacking £5 at a car boot sale.

The Master had a more worn middle ring leaving me having to do my one lap in the big ring

As usual.

Nobody likes a worn middle ring, but we all love a big ring and a granny ring don't we chaps!

Chaps?

Just me then.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-IoiwYUEl8[/youtube]

Re:

That was a great weekend, sorry for the late reply :facepalm:

I managed 7 laps, but I was struggling with the heat, a big thanks to Longun for helping me out when both of my legs cramped up on lap 5, first time that's ever happened, god it hurts.

No excuse really, just need to train more, and I promise to ride a retro bike next year.

I think it may have to be a 4 man team next year.

Thanks to everyone who participates making this an awesome event.

Stuart.

Re: Re:

slmracing":s153lwzs said:
That was a great weekend, sorry for the late reply :facepalm:

I managed 7 laps, but I was struggling with the heat, a big thanks to Longun for helping me out when both of my legs cramped up on lap 5, first time that's ever happened, god it hurts.

No excuse really, just need to train more, and I promise to ride a retro bike next year.

I think it may have to be a 4 man team next year.

Thanks to everyone who participates making this an awesome event.

Stuart.

Great to see you too. Solo has to be done on something that would suit you, you can't get away with a bike that looks good but you'd suffer on!

Mike

So I had a chance to look at my front light today. It only lasted about 35 mins into my night lap :(

The battery pack was reading 0.0v. That ain't right. Stripped the pack back and each cell still had 3.9v in it, so was about 80% charged. There's a small circuit board in the battery pack, that I'm guessing regulates the low voltage cutoff, and it's not letting any power through - bugger.

Seems a long time ago now! Thanks for all the photos - even though I wasn’t there the whole time they sun up the atmosphere well. Spud, that photo you accidentally got of me on the first lap is a surprise - didn’t know you were taking it. I intentionally flew through the gate and used all the course as it seemed the fastest way to carry speed.

LGF, when you say play live next year is that a DJ set? Or is it a band thing? How about both? If we get enough power we could set up a band in the marquee. I’ve got a drum kit, guitars, amps and could play the guitar. Anybody play bass, drums, guitar, can sing?

My_Teenage_Self":y73fc9yd said:
Hotwheels, One of your bikes left a VERY lasting impression... I'll say nothing more for now.

Well that narrows it down to two since that's all I brought, but which one?? I've given this a lot more thought than is healthy and if a gun to my head and I had to choose I'd go with the newer one.... :?

PM me the verdict please, I'm going cray cray!!

Hotwheels.":2y5ysxev said:
My_Teenage_Self":2y5ysxev said:
Hotwheels, One of your bikes left a VERY lasting impression... I'll say nothing more for now.

Well that narrows it down to two since that's all I brought, but which one?? I've given this a lot more thought than is healthy and if a gun to my head and I had to choose I'd go with the newer one.... :?

PM me the verdict please, I'm going cray cray!!

Only 11 months and you might find out :)

Back