Mountain mayhem 2019 aftermath thread

Retro Spud":1b43flb9 said:
has anyone seen Carl Dicko10 lately?

Or has he changed his forum name :D

Carl was on hols with the fam in Lanzarote on Mayhem weekend, I think he might still be there. I messaged him before it and he said he was gutted he wasn't able to go.

Re:

Sorry I've not been on lately. Been trying to work out my next move since it not going to plan at Mayhem. Good news is my ribs are now better, only slightly bruised still. Bad news is my ankle and shin turned out to be a badly bruised bone (luckily not broken and apparently going out again on an injury wasn't the smartest move but then since when did I do anything clever), and my previous back injury was aggravated (which became apparent a couple of days after getting home while at work and becoming temporarily paralysed) so I'm off the bike for a little bit longer than I'd hoped :roll: . At least now I can say I've experienced an over the bars crash (my first and hopefully my last :LOL: )

Not going to lie after my feeble attempt at the solo and the accident making me lose my confidence I was pretty down but I can look back on it now and realise that although the racing didn't go to plan I actually really enjoyed the time I had there. The course was great for what I rode it but most of all the retrobike gang made sure that even off the bike the party experience helped me through.

My final event, the Twentyfour 12 is in 3 weeks so loss of training is less than ideal but I've learned a lot from Mayhem and will be just going in to have fun. No events for me next year while I try and sort my health out but hopefully this year set a standard to continue for years to come and I will be able to come back when fixed up.

So once again I just want to say thank you to everyone who was there and just made me feel like a part of the family (even if I was riding moderns). I said I would make sure my last mayhem was one to remember and it was definitely that.

Re: Re:

MarinMartin":5t54nw8n said:
Sorry I've not been on lately. Been trying to work out my next move since it not going to plan at Mayhem. Good news is my ribs are now better, only slightly bruised still. Bad news is my ankle and shin turned out to be a badly bruised bone (luckily not broken and apparently going out again on an injury wasn't the smartest move but then since when did I do anything clever), and my previous back injury was aggravated (which became apparent a couple of days after getting home while at work and becoming temporarily paralysed) so I'm off the bike for a little bit longer than I'd hoped :roll: . At least now I can say I've experienced an over the bars crash (my first and hopefully my last :LOL: )

Not going to lie after my feeble attempt at the solo and the accident making me lose my confidence I was pretty down but I can look back on it now and realise that although the racing didn't go to plan I actually really enjoyed the time I had there. The course was great for what I rode it but most of all the retrobike gang made sure that even off the bike the party experience helped me through.

My final event, the Twentyfour 12 is in 3 weeks so loss of training is less than ideal but I've learned a lot from Mayhem and will be just going in to have fun. No events for me next year while I try and sort my health out but hopefully this year set a standard to continue for years to come and I will be able to come back when fixed up.

So once again I just want to say thank you to everyone who was there and just made me feel like a part of the family (even if I was riding moderns). I said I would make sure my last mayhem was one to remember and it was definitely that.

Good to meet you mate. I’m pleased you had a good time despite your accident. It’s always pretty entertaining being around Retrobike base camp. Rarely a dull moment!
It takes balls to enter that solo, so well done for turning up and giving it a go. Hope you heal soon, so you can start ENJOYING riding again. Look forward to seeing you at another event ;)

Mike

Re:

Martin you are much braver man than me! I wouldn't dare go solo. Anyway glad you had good time all things considered. Maybe time to come back to one of the very relaxed we are horizontal teams!

Re:

Thanks guys. I'm hoping it's not my final ever Mayhem and I have all intentions of returning but it won't be next year as next year is going to be focused on my health (the threat of surgery looms).

A lot of rehabilitation involved but I don't like giving up so will be back, you have my promise.

If I'm honest I think a part of it is, if I'm driving 550 miles round trip for an event I want to do as much riding as possible up there so when I come back it will be either solo or pairs again. Who knows what the future holds?

My thoughts for the aftermath: I never thought I could have had a better time than '17...I was wrong (sorry nobby/regan). The whole retro clan were again outstanding company (especially THM), the course was bang on and it was all topped off by the weather. The campfire craic was a particular highlight, as was Andy (as always) and meeting new people. Peachy, you're a star and LGF, what can I say, you're personality and vibe are infectious, and the music...OH THE SWEET MUSIC!!! Man, it was sublime. On a personal note I feel utterly embarrassed by completing only one lap and am already in training for next year where I want to do much more riding, I've even toyed with going solo. Either way, I simply cannot wait for next year and want to do more events/meets this year.

Hotwheels.":35wsk6av said:
My thoughts for the aftermath: I never thought I could have had a better time than '17...I was wrong (sorry nobby/regan). The whole retro clan were again outstanding company, the course was bang on and it was all topped off by the weather. The campfire craic was a particular highlight, as was Andy (as always) and meeting new people. Peachy, you're a star and LGF, what can I say, you're personality and vibe are infectious, and the music...OH THE SWEET MUSIC!!! Man, it was sublime. On a personal note I feel utterly embarrassed by completing only one lap and am already in training for next year where I want to do much more riding, I've even toyed with going solo. Either way, I simply cannot wait for next year and want to do more events/meets this year.

Great to see you again mate. It did seem betterer, but not sure why. I liked the course more than Gatcombe, even if it was a real PITA to get to from the motorway.
Can't wait til next years event, hopefully at the same venue

Muz

Back