Mountain Goat Whiskeytown Racer 1990--new build

Re:

Normally I wouldn't say anything as rule 1 applies i.e it is yours and do what the hell you like but for some reason, regarding this frame, I must speak my mind.

Please keep the original paint. Warts and all.

Re:

Meh - ship it over here to Toxik Harald in Vancouver, BC (Canada) ... and he'll re-do the exact original motif for you in the (almost) exact same colors

Wow! That brings back some old memories. I agree with the other posters about leaving the paint as is. There's nothing like a Jeff Lindsay paint job. A friend of mine who owned a bike shop ordered a goat in the late 80's and it came with the most beautiful wild paint job I'd ever seen. The friend later ran into Jeff at a bike expo and Jeff asked him what he thought of the paint job with a big grin on his face. My friend had no idea when the ordered the frame that the paint job was going to be a work of art.

Anyway best of luck with the rebuild. Look forward to seeing your progress.

And Whiskey Town Racer you can't have a better name than that!

I appreciate the feedback and the positive reinforcement on keeping it as is--after some polishing and waxing, it looks pretty good! I'll put a fork and some other parts on this weekend and throw up some pics.

Put it on some borrowed wheels—I can start to see what the end results will look like.

Attachments

• 3622E587-4C65-456E-BD47-21BF4D854865.jpeg
    3622E587-4C65-456E-BD47-21BF4D854865.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 455
  • C69A76BB-02E1-4C77-9DDC-1462B1CEE716.jpeg
    C69A76BB-02E1-4C77-9DDC-1462B1CEE716.jpeg
    73.8 KB · Views: 455
Almost done...got some decals from Gil today and will apply this week. Waiting on some brakes, and will give the paint another cut and polish before putting on the cables and chain. This won’t be as pretty as most mountain goats, but can’t wait to get it dirty.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 307
Back