For Sale Mountain Cycle MOHO STS

I hope it's not against proper protocol to quote (copy and paste, actually) from one's PM's, but in the best interest of all concerned, here goes:
From Nathanjr:

"Also, seat tube is 19” I believe the Medium sizing."

IMG_2383.jpeg

Depending on your height, mine is the 19” frame.
I am 5-11, on a good day 😁. With a 32” inseam.
Mine fits me perfectly
That makes it a Medium, for sure.
This one is too tall for lil' ol' me, so on to coyut it is!
Hopefully the below screenshot from an MC catalog will help:

STS Specs.jpg

If anyone has a size Small (or even a size X-Small) that they need to move, I'd sure be interested in giving it a try.

Thanks Nathanjr, and GLWS!

I hope it's not against proper protocol to quote (copy and paste, actually) from one's PM's, but in the best interest of all concerned, here goes:
From Nathanjr:

"Also, seat tube is 19” I believe the Medium sizing."

IMG_2383.jpeg

That makes it a Medium, for sure.
This one is too tall for lil' ol' me, so on to coyut it is!
Hopefully the below screenshot from an MC catalog will help:

View attachment 804253

If anyone has a size Small (or even a size X-Small) that they need to move, I'd sure be interested in giving it a try.

Thanks Nathanjr, and GLWS!
Thank you for posting that. I was looking for that also, but had to run.

I'm on pm's with the seller.
Also sent him the chart yesterday morning as 19.5" was never made.
He did not measure from the center of the bb. So it should be a size MD.
Like I owned in the past.
Thank you all for mentioning me.
Lets see if I can get a price and shipping rate to decide.

Who'd have thought I could stuff an entire bike into such a small box (38" x 26" x 9")?

Cheapest cost to ship from USA to Switzerland was to use USPS @ $230!!!! Before COVID, it cost about a third as much.

If it were even ONE inch larger in ANY dimension, USPS would NOT ship it.

Disassembly, cutting a box down to size (which involved a good bit of trial-&-error), and wrapping all parts (except the wheelset) in foam pipe lagging took the better part of a day and over 2 rolls of packing tape, but I was on a mission to see if could be done.

Admittedly, I may have gone overboard on the foam, but (1) I have plenty of packing materials as I save it all from deliveries that I receive, (2) foam pretty much guarantees that all parts will not bang or rub together while en route, and (3) foam helps to wedge everything together in the box which should minimize movement.

Some pics for your viewing enjoyment:

Bike 1.jpg

Bike 2.jpg

Bike 3.jpg

Bike 4.jpg

Bike 5.jpg

Hopefully coyut can take some pics when he receives it to see if our little 'experiment' worked!

More pics to follow...

There was a good bit of fallout as a result of the packing whirlwind (this is only part of the type of mess that was left behind):

Bike 6.jpg

Some utterly outrageous price quotes!

BikeFlights.jpg

FedEx.jpg

and finally, the most reasonable rate:

USPS.jpg

I listed as a 'gift' and gave it a value for customs and insurance of $100, which I believe will minimize any customs fees.

So THAT'S IT from the perspective of a sender. Perhaps @coyut can fill us all in on the experience from the receiver's perspective?

Who'd have thought I could stuff an entire bike into such a small box (38" x 26" x 9")?

Cheapest cost to ship from USA to Switzerland was to use USPS @ $230!!!! Before COVID, it cost about a third as much.

If it were even ONE inch larger in ANY dimension, USPS would NOT ship it.

Disassembly, cutting a box down to size (which involved a good bit of trial-&-error), and wrapping all parts (except the wheelset) in foam pipe lagging took the better part of a day and over 2 rolls of packing tape, but I was on a mission to see if could be done.

Admittedly, I may have gone overboard on the foam, but (1) I have plenty of packing materials as I save it all from deliveries that I receive, (2) foam pretty much guarantees that all parts will not bang or rub together while en route, and (3) foam helps to wedge everything together in the box which should minimize movement.

Some pics for your viewing enjoyment:

View attachment 826636

View attachment 826637

View attachment 826638

View attachment 826639

View attachment 826640

Hopefully coyut can take some pics when he receives it to see if our little 'experiment' worked!

More pics to follow...
Great work!

My wife says she thinks I'm at my happiest when I'm either making boxes to sell bikes/parts in or when I'm cleaning parts! Probably some truth in that as it's about the only time when I'm left to my own thoughts!

The MOHO arrived last night in Switzerland. I guess @incorridible must be a family member of Christo the artist 😁
I have never got a package that was as extreme and carefully wrapped and protected before. every single part was wrapped and wrapped with another protective layer. I guess you could throw it out a plane at 30'000 feet in a nuclear war and it would land without a scratch. Thank you for your time and big effort in disassembling and organizing everything. Even the wheel axles were removed.
Now its time to think about the build.

Also a very big and awesome thank you @Nathanjr who offerd me this bike. I will post the promised picture once the bike is fully refurbished and build up to ride 👍

Attachments

• PSX_20240309_162417.jpg
    PSX_20240309_162417.jpg
    412.4 KB · Views: 6
Back