Middleburn RS2 question?

On early cranksets like the RS2, Cooks bros, and bullseyes the spider was flat so you had to use spacers and long bolts to fit an inner ring it was the lenght of those spacers I am trying to find out, but as the inner is only really for show I have used Shimano bolts and spacers and some nylon washers which handily seem to have spaced it out pretty well...

Thanks. Didn't know that. That probably explains the issue I had. I'm guessing the previous user got it wrong & didn't notice because they didn't use the inner ring or running a thinner chain. I added a shim to the spacer that was there. I don't remember the measurements now but glad I didn't have to go wider as the inner ring is now very close to the chain stay.

Thanks. Didn't know that. That probably explains the issue I had. I'm guessing the previous user got it wrong & didn't notice because they didn't use the inner ring or running a thinner chain. I added a shim to the spacer that was there. I don't remember the measurements now but glad I didn't have to go wider as the inner ring is now very close to the chain stay.
Yes that is also a consideration don't want to space it too far out..

This retrobiker said 8.3 mm and they were poerfect spacing, so that's my best guess from searching threads.
I have some of the thin spacers you got Deore DX chainrings so might get the Racer X ones as they are a great colour for the build and tweak them as necessary.. 👍

Hi fellow retro biker. I had this very same dilemma a few years back. Happily, I bought a stash from SJS cycles after talking to Middleburn. These should fit, if I’ve remembered the right box I put them in. I’ve got some used spares, which are a bit mucky, but should polish up. Let me know your address and I’ll post them to you, just cover the post at £3.00 (insured and tracked). Peace and love, H.

Attachments

• 97CFFE1F-3AC2-468C-8B6D-DA8BE90914A9.jpeg
    97CFFE1F-3AC2-468C-8B6D-DA8BE90914A9.jpeg
    385.3 KB · Views: 3
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back