Middleburn RS2 question?

KermitGKona88

Gold Trader
Overbury's Fan
Feedback
View
What length of spacer do I need for the inner ring, I know I could look it up but I have a cold and am feeling lazy ;)
:LOL:

I looked but don't understand the question - probably my lack of knowledge with these. I did have issues with an RS2 crankset recently though. It was 2nd hand but still a bit baffled by it. The gap between the inner & middle ring was too small & the chain was binding so I had to insert some spacers to make the gap the same as the middle/outer. It was a few months back so memory is a bit sketchy but it works a treat now.

On early cranksets like the RS2, Cooks bros, and bullseyes the spider was flat so you had to use spacers and long bolts to fit an inner ring it was the lenght of those spacers I am trying to find out, but as the inner is only really for show I have used Shimano bolts and spacers and some nylon washers which handily seem to have spaced it out pretty well...

I feel like I have read it on here before, despite never owning a Middleburn crankset. Going on instinct, 7mm rings a bell, but I wouldn't trust my memory.

These ones are 7.8mm ..... would that be right?

I was thinking 8mm so deffo right ballpark... I know for some daft reason all the cranks seemed to have slightly different lengths

Hmmm, says 8.5mm here, maybe the others are for later Middleburns:

This retrobiker said 8.3 mm and they were poerfect spacing, so that's my best guess from searching threads.

Well I have sent Racer X a message, and as for my original question it looks like somewhere between 7.8mm and 9mm depending on your spider...🤯
😱😂

Back