Middleburn cranks help - spider removal

Perhaps you could post up a picture? I wondering if you have some weird non-standard lock-ring????

Middleburn states the tool is Shimano TL-UN96-A. I for one would like to know too if this actually
fits in the older spiders. The teeth appear to be taller than the Xtool I posted above which would
potentially be a better fit.

If someone has the Shimano TL-UN96-A tool, perhaps they could accurately measure the outer diameter?

Re:

The lock ring i have on the cranks is flat, not profiled like any other I've seen. Maybe not original? I'll post a pic later. Will show previous owners attempt at removal

hamster":2dwcgifq said:
ID 37.2, OD 43.5mm
Tooth length 6.0mm

Excellent Hamster - I guess it's the Parktool BBT-18 then.

For comparison, my modded Xtool is:

ID 37.4mm OD 42.4mm (same as lockring OD)
Tooth length 3.4mm (lockring thickness is 4.4mm, and at it's thinnest point about 2.8mm)

Re:

Here are some pics. As you can see from the close up pic, there is a wider section profile that has been created by previous attempt to fit a tool. My tool will fit into those, but clearly is too big to fit properly into the holes intended for removal tool.

I'm guessing when I can get the lock ring off, I'm going to need a new one.

Attachments

• PSX_20210107_202415.jpg
    PSX_20210107_202415.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 188
  • PSX_20210107_202326.jpg
    PSX_20210107_202326.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 188
hamster":v2eqtp1n said:
Do you want to borrow my tool? Can post.
Cheers for the offer. What tool is it? I'm currently having a bit of a drive replacing tools with better ones so it might be time to upgrade my lock ring tool. Especially if it fits :)

Back