merlin titanium

kanerdog1x1

Senior Retro Guru
hi there, new to this forum but thought i might share with you my newest aquisition.
rescued from ebay a few weeks ago, stripped down in ten mins flat, she is starting to take shape.
the wheels are extremely good condition for 10 years old, and the forks are mint!
the search for components is ongoing, the only things i need are now are a rear mech and cranks, the flite alps saddle is at the upholsterers and the xt front mech is on its way from the americas. grips-tires-chain-sprockets can get from the lbs.
oh, and i will be getting rid of the horrible brake pads!
anyway, hope you enjoy the fotos, will post more when shes done.

Attachments

• Picture 1129.jpg
    Picture 1129.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 3,697
  • Picture 1130.jpg
    Picture 1130.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 3,697
  • Picture 1131.jpg
    Picture 1131.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 3,697
That's nice!

Bikes always look cool in "half-built" photos. Scapin seems to always picture theirs without cranks in catalogues.

frame number says she was welded in '95, trying to keep it built up as best i can with bits from around '96-'97. this is where the stash of old mags comes in handy!

Graaaah, will people please stop teasing me with pictures of bikes like this...

I want one. I want exactly one of those. Thats lovely.

Can I borrow it and polish it every now and again?

please?

Graaaah, will people please stop teasing me with pictures of bikes like this...

I want one. I want exactly one of those. Thats lovely.

Can I borrow it and polish it every now and again?

please?

That looks fantastic, the black, Ti and shiny forks ooze class. And great to see another Merlin in Hereford!

Would be interested in where you're getting the saddle upholstered, I have a tired and distressed Flite that would love from the same treatment.

hi ed, take the saddle to mel weaver, on mortimer road, his son dave is a friend of mine.
they use really good quality leather, the same stuff aston martin use, and do a fantastic job.

the only problem is getting the old leather off, the glue is somewhat tenacious! i have found that if you soak it in soapy water for a few days, it makes it a little easier to remove.

see you soon, matt.

Back