Mayhem aftermath thread

Re:

Thanks to Retrospud and the rest who organised the weekend, sounds like I missed out on some fun :(

I had planned to attend, I don't suppose anyone missed little old me but I missed R/B.

The car was packed Thursday for an early start Friday...... however....My Wife brought me a cuppa before she left for Work, I sat up in bad to drink said cuppa, my head stayed still but the room span at an alarming rate, I got up but soon fell down, on the way down to the floor I did a little dance with my bedside cabinet and blacked out, waking up shortly after with a cuppa in my lap and wrapped up in cables from my radio and alarm clock :(

I then spent the next 48 hours feeling sorry for myself that I was missing out on Mayhem 2017 :(

It seems I have not been taking care of myself and ignoring some warning signs :oops: :facepalm: .

Re:

Really sorry to hear that, fella. I hope you're on the mend now. ;)

A few photos for you,

My bikes in running order,

IMG_1273 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

A few random pics,

IMG_1271 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

IMG_1269 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

IMG_1268 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

IMG_1265 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

IMG_1266 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to who this belongs to? :LOL: :LOL:

IMG_1264 by Mike Murray, on Flickr

Can't find results or photos yet on the MM site, but I'm sure they'll appear soon.

Having done a group retro sighting lap on the Friday, I took the A line, whilst nearly everyone else took the B line. They made it to the end before me, so I raced the B line every lap. Despite the wet bank on the other side of the stream, once I'd put studs in my shoes, it wasn't really an issue.

Thanks to Nick for organizing everyone, hope you're on the mend now mate! ;)

Mike

The History Man":1qe8pbby said:
I think Doug should go in business making climbing frames.

Ahh yes the hero of the hour! After a small child decided to use my bike as a climbing frame, using the bottle cage as a foot hold it snapped! Jason came to the rescue with a spare cage, not before I rounded of the bolt heads in the process! Never mind it stayed put using a zip tie and one bolt! Good weekend and nice to seem the old bike being ridden (even if it wasnt mine!)

Doug

Re:

A few OK (ish) pics from the weekend.

IMG_4893.jpg

IMG_4897.jpg

IMG_4899.jpg

IMG_4900.jpg

IMG_4902.jpg

IMG_4903.jpg

IMG_4909.jpg

IMG_4923.jpg

IMG_4924.jpg

Re:

On my way home nowguys. Thanks for tbe best weekend ive had in a long time. The kona held out surprisingly. And me :LOL: although riding back to the station loaded up down hills was fun with virtually no brake pads left.

Seriously though it was amazing. And I only hit 2 trees. Well it was the same tree twice but little details. :roll:

And glad to finally meet you bunch of crazies.

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1wadsu78 said:
Thanks to Nick for organizing everyone, hope you're on the mend now mate! ;)

Mike

Mike/Mike and Matt
Sorry for letting the team down and not being able to do my final lap and the last one I did having a really piss poor lap time...
really should learn how to stay the right way up :shock: that said, (not recommended) putting your body between the said bike and fast (rocky*) fire road leading down to the lake worked a treat ....not a mark on the bike,
Shame it repaid me by hacking a chuck out of my lower leg with the large ring and the saddle hitting me between the shoulders whilst the grit worked its magic on my arm, hip and right butt cheek :x

rocky* that my excuse and I'm sticking to it,

whilst I often wake up with a stiff in the morning :LOL: , it was joined today by a far few more.

big up to the medic's for closing this MOFO up at 4am Sunday morning.

Attachments

• Chainrings for yah.jpg
    Chainrings for yah.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 1,010
Re:

Is that the downhill where you took photos of us on the sighting lap?

You gotta watch those Endorphins. They DO bite back! :LOL: :LOL:

Anyone found results, lap times or photos yet?

Glad I booked today off. Been sorting stuff out, now it's time to was a bike or six! :LOL:

I also found the 1997 MBUK mags I meant to let you get your grubby hands on, I had left them in the van! :facepalm:

Re:

Thanks to Spud and all others involved in the organization of another fantastic Mountain Mayhem weekend :D
It was nice to see some new faces and catch up with the usual suspects.
Took my Slingshot round on both my laps and i have to say i'm a convert to modern geometry :shock: it just flew on the singletrack and downhill sections.

Looking forward to whatever happens next year.
but for now i just want to promote The Gates ride on July 16th for LGF a good days riding and banter in cambridgshire.

Re:

Really great weekend....some photos....sorry very limited bandwidth here, so it has taken hours to get these up to Photobucket.

No son should have to bare whitnesss to this.....let alone strangers :facepalm:
_DSC2041_zpsj155pjgb.jpg

Some of the team setting off for the reccie...after too many beers.
_DSC1791_zpsebuwk2sx.jpg

Nobby made a new friend
_DSC1808_zpsdnn1venh.jpg

BBQ
_DSC1825_zpsf3kab5mg.jpg

Jason's (Historyman) alternative cosmos
_DSC1833_zpsgjbevigw.jpg

What we all like, retro jumble
_DSC1823_zpswvf2myk5.jpg
[/URL]

Spud at speed lap 1
_DSC1934_zpsuj0hbg0j.jpg

Wookee in space?
_DSC1943_zpsxunravjk.jpg

Flying Scotsman
_DSC1955_zpsqbbcnn5i.jpg

Cool as a cucumber...the Govn'or
_DSC2037_zpstvwluniy.jpg

One of the late night girls...not sure if this is the one who aske for some "lube" or was it lubing :shock:
_DSC2001_zpsrdk0hgwq.jpg

Says it all really.
_DSC1786_zpslx4dbpd5.jpg

Back