Marin Zolatone appreciation and info thread!

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I thought one of these should be started! I have big love for the Zolatone Marins of 1990 and 1991, and I know I'm not alone on here! So show your love, post up your own neon/grey dreams here! Also as a regular topic on here is "how to recreate the Zolatone finish" How about anyone thats had a go themselves, or knows of a way/colour to get a good likeness speak up too!

I'll kick things off with my 1991 Team Marin...still a work in progress. Forks, stem and bars currently being re-done and new decals await. A few changes made (improvements in my eye!) But this pic gives you the general idea.

Attachments

• 1991 Marin Team with Mavics 2.jpg
    1991 Marin Team with Mavics 2.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 1,379
  • 1991 Marin Team with Mavics 4.jpg
    1991 Marin Team with Mavics 4.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 1,381

Kona lover

Retro Guru
Here's mine...

Marin-3.jpg

marc two tone

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
you know, something i've never bothered to ask...was marin the only brand to use zolatone 2000? never seen it on anything else. or noticed anyway.

:?:

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
marc two tone":lssc09ki said:
you know, something i've never bothered to ask...was marin the only brand to use zolatone 2000? never seen it on anything else. or noticed anyway.

:?:

Not seen it on other bikes but as a car boot liner and on boats!!

Kona lover

Retro Guru
wookiee":2ypujjqa said:
Kona lover":2ypujjqa said:
Here's mine...

Marin-3.jpg

Nice but looks like a 92 satin finish?

It's a 91/92 when I bought it this was the condition ...

Damage.jpg

The previous owner used heat to get a seized seat post out so I had it powder coated - broke my heart to do it :(

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
[/quote]

It's a 91/92 when I bought it this was the condition ...

The previous owner used heat to get a seized seat post out so I had it powder coated - broke my heart to do it :([/quote]

Ouch...there are a couple of people on here who have managed to replicate the Zolatone finish. Not perfect but near enough! Still a great looking bike and the reason I thought it was a 92 was that it looks like the alternative colour scheme to the usual neon rear triangle...which is a good thing! Fair play to bringing it back from a fire damaged state!

Wook

little markie

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
My 90 Eldridge & 91 Team Marin (work in progress)

Attachments

• Eldridge.jpg
    Eldridge.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 1,267
  • Eldridge & team.jpg
    Eldridge & team.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,267

Latest posts