Marin Zolatone appreciation and info thread!

Hi Lee

I'm definitely thinking of stripping down my 91 pine mountain and letting your mate spray mine.

I've got my Explosif being painted at the mo and a Lava dome to do next. But then I'll think I will get in touch. Don't suppose you know a rough price for the frame repaint?

Cheers

Matt

Hi Matt,

I really couldn't say, because we went through four or five attempts to get mine right, so I ended up paying far more than expected.
Now that the texture process is sorted, though, all you'd need to agree on is the correct colour code, so your final bill should be far less than mine was, because it'll be right first time.

PM me for the guy's contact deails when you're ready and discuss it with him.

Cheers,

Lee.

Just noticed this Zolatone thread so thought I'd add my recent find from last weekend - in Sydney of all places.

It's a 91 (but you knew that), originally bought from Kinston-Upon-Thames.

It needs a new rear rim, saddle and a couple of other bits but the decals are OK. And I think I'll leave the paint - or at least try to clean it up. Any tips on that by the way, I hear citrus cleaner is good for getting marks and stains off.

Would welcome the advice from someone who's been there. :D

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 726
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 726
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 726
That's a nice pine mountain not often seen down under! But it's a 1990 thinner seat stays and White Marin decals not colour coded to the forks...

Hey Wookiee,

Aaahh ... 1990. Cool, many thanks for that. :D

I've only ever seen one zolatone here in Aus - and that was a photo! :LOL:

Re:

marc two tone":qs8nrcoy said:
you know, something i've never bothered to ask...was marin the only brand to use zolatone 2000? never seen it on anything else. or noticed anyway.

:?:

I've found something else, a al carter honda creek 500LX! I can tell it's zolatone.

I'm getting plenty of use out of this eldridge at the mo. It just works! The plan was to use as a winter beater then rob and strip it to make space. Now, that just seems a waste as this bike handles well and has a direct feel with the oversize steel tubing. Routine maintenance is pit'ence too. Clean and lube the chain, that's all. I have a feeling this bike will run forever.
The guards keep it fairly clean.

I saw a 2013 Commencal Meta in grey the other day - textured and VERY similar to a 1990 zolatone - if anyone is after doing a repaint it would be well worth getting in touch with Commencal :D

Attachments

• Unknown-2.jpg
    Unknown-2.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 674
  • p4pb8541367.jpg
    p4pb8541367.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 674
Back