Marin Team Issue?

Definitely not rifled. I think my next job is to get rid of the rust spots and maybe give the frame a protective wax or rub down with oily cloth. Then ride as is for a while (it rides really well) and figure out what needs tweaking as I go. Maybe some riser bars/shorter stem depending how my back is.

Components wise, it's clear very little if anything is original so it's kind of a blank canvas. Maybe the bars and the saddle.

Attachments

• IMG_7483.jpg
    IMG_7483.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 11
Ah, think it's just the reflection of the cable against the frame giving that impression!

Blank canvas is the best canvas!

Have a few spare bits from my 92 Team Issue if you're interested? Nothing exceptional or in perfect condition, but seat post QR and Rockstar forks, off the op of my head, if of interest? I'll have a dig and see if there was anything else.

Is it plated or sprayed. One year that was the way to tell the difference.

Can’t be sure if it’s 93 or 94

Ah, think it's just the reflection of the cable against the frame giving that impression!

Blank canvas is the best canvas!

Have a few spare bits from my 92 Team Issue if you're interested? Nothing exceptional or in perfect condition, but seat post QR and Rockstar forks, off the op of my head, if of interest? I'll have a dig and see if there was anything else.

Could be @pw_pw_la . I did about 10 miles on it the other day and my hands were tingling all night afterwards so I don't think the current handlebar/stem set up agrees with me. It does feel rather wrist heavy.

It is a 1 1/8 inch headset or a 1 inch headset on these things does anyone know?

@Matttymm Pretty sure it is plated.

Should be 1 1/8.

If it’s plated and not sprayed and judging by the forks being black then it’s more likely a 93 Team Marin. In which case the decals are wrong as they are 94 you’ve put on.

Latest posts

Back