beepbeep":4tsviw5b said:
Beautiful, the best looking mtbs in history IMHO

I have just scrolled to the end of this thread to say something very similar, but you got there before me :D

Re:

After cracking it whilst messing around at Mayhem back in 2015 I fell out of love with my Manitou - I don't know why I was surprised it broke after all an Easter Egg has a harder shell than a Manitou Headtube

Upon reflection its not been all that bad over the past four years, The picture below won me Picture of the Month for the theme of Horror or something like that (Still makes me wince when I look at it)

then I got an invite to partake in photo-shoot for a book DK's The Bicycle Book "The Definitive Visual History"

and here it is on pg209 complete with a fooking big crack just above Danson Amp

and then it got stripped and eventually off for Surgery care of the Alchemist Dan Chambers - fast forward three years and I thought I'd put it back together and start to love it again, however some of the parts had been used elsewhere over the ensuing years... Like the tyres

So more tyre were purchased complete with the obligatory white mess that by all accounts is how tyres came 20 years ago - covered in wax / release agent to get them out of the mould :facepalm: only these had more than their fair share

after reading Regans post curing of Tyres that was posted earlier this year viewtopic.php?f=1&t=392821 I thought I'd give it a go whilst the wife was out

here's the first one out the oven

and the matching pair

now I have a rolling chassis I'll get and bolt it back together :D

Attachments

• the fooking big crack.JPG
    the fooking big crack.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 858
  • dorling-kindersley-bicycle-book.jpg
    dorling-kindersley-bicycle-book.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 858
  • Manitou of pg 209.jpg
    Manitou of pg 209.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 858
  • IMG_2266.JPG
    IMG_2266.JPG
    191.1 KB · Views: 857
  • IMG_2265.JPG
    IMG_2265.JPG
    291.1 KB · Views: 857
  • IMG_E2270.JPG
    IMG_E2270.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 857
  • after Baking.jpg
    after Baking.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 858
Now then Spud,
Not seen this one before, handsome bike. So when you starting the re-build?

Back