MacRetro chat and rides thread

I know of a source of used but still useful studded tyres. Usual sizes, so no fat bike tyres but loads of tread and studs still present.

Yeah I picked up some studded tyres cheap in the summer, never ridden studded tyres yet, so will be interesting if I get to use them!

What do you guys do about lights? Or do you just use your Jedi powers and see "through" the darkness?? 🤖
I have a decent light I use helmet mounted which lasts a few hours, and a reasonable bar mounted light that takes 18650 batteries so I can carry spares.
I get that on the fire road climb I can use low power setting, but I'm not convinced my lights will last the distance. Maybe this year is the year I ask Santa very nicely for some new bike lights 🤔

18mm x 65mm dimensions Batteries usually LiPo (lithium battery) but also available as NiMH (Nickel Metal Hybrid). Basically a traditional cylindrical battery that is rechargeable and around 3.6v usually used in battery power packs for lights etc but also as individual batteries for torches etc.

I believe at Strathpuffer there will be some kind of stand operated by the sponsors where lights can be charged for a nominal fee.

I got a lamp which uses 18650 batts a couple of years ago - great wee setup and really bright - right up to the point the charger disintegrated and then one of the (very flimsy) wires detached at the business end of the lamp. Batts are excellent though 😁

Brian, look at Reyt Pack in the rides and events section, it's got you written all over it. I will be testing out my entry on 3rd January for our festive frolic ride if that's allowed to go ahead🤔

Back