MacFatro - Fatbike news and builds thread

Re: Re:

epicyclo":31vm6ots said:
RobMac":31vm6ots said:
RobMac":31vm6ots said:
A may have a semi anyway :shock:
Guys, guys a know am amongst friends. At what point does a semi become a chubby? :shock:

When you give the itch for a fatty a good rub...

I'm hoping that really was just Stan's sealant on your shoes!

So, does nobody ride fat bikes any more? :-(

Andy

Sold mine three years ago. Had it six years in total and had explored everywhere on the local coast and had done everything I wanted to do with it. I was never one to ride it everywhere for the sake of being different, although I did take it to Glentress the once. Enjoyed my time with it, but it served it's purpose and have never looked back after selling it.

Velofrog still has his Farley, and Jamie and Epicyclo still have their Pugs but not sure how much use they get.

I still use mine regularly, usually with my son Caleb round the local coast up here or with Brian. Usually in the winter months for general off road work. Caleb has his On One Baby Fatty that he uses as his everyday MTB.
Must admit it has gotten a bit more work this year due to me still having to get another set of cranks for my 1 X 1. The 1X1 set up with Dirt Wizards is my preferred ride and is the best MTB of all time for me. It can do 95% of what the Pugsley can and far nicer for and more versatile for just about everything else.

Jamie

So, does nobody ride fat bikes any more? :-(

Andy
I blame Greta Thunberg with her Global Warming.
Weather has been too tropical.
A Surly 1x1 with 2.75 Dirt Wizards is about 90% as effective as a fat bike with the weather we've been getting the last few years. I even used a 29er in the last 'Puffer.
Roll on a decent freezing winter with howling winds and blinding drifts....

Still got mine as Clubby mentioned, doesn’t get much use but I do enjoy it, just back from a wee run out on it in fact 😊

00E8DC30-2D56-4F0B-AB5A-27F939557380.jpeg

Reactions: ajm
Back