M900 brake logo question ?

d8mok

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I’m not as clued up on M900 as the later M950/2 series so I have a question

Did the M900 cantis change at any point , to loose the XTR logo and gain length?

I realise the Front and rear are different lengths and also logos often rub off.

According to Mombat when it went to M910 for 95 the arms changed to the same length both ends and they added the cartridge style pads. I have no idea if they were just the older front or rear or something entirely different? Either way the logos were present.

Any idea if they changed prior to M910 , so still M900 but those changes I mentioned?

All the ones I’ve personally seen have had logos , but again I’m far from knowledgable on these.

Again according to Mombat, the part number remained M900 but with a C instead of F/R for the 910 era. I suspect they just carried on the longer front ones for both ends and the C represented the cartridge pads. I don't think there were any prior changes but someone might know better. The logo print is pretty crappy, rubs off super easily and was only ever on the right hand (looking at it) arm.

Thanks , I’ve got a couple of sets which both have the logo in place.

Trying to buy a nice set for a upcoming build and I’m trying to establish if they came without logos (as the seller says) or they’ve rubbed off

I'd say it's rubbed off.
Just had a look at one, the remains of the logo rubbed off in about 10 seconds with my fingernail. _20240315_135536.JPG
_20240315_135517.JPG

They rub off but always came with them.

Always can with a shorter arm for the rear until the cartridge -C came out as mantioned above. Then they stuck to standard length, probably as frames had changed or the rear machine had broken, who knows.. 😂
Though the catalogues showed the normal and smaller setup still with the cartridge pads, so no idea what happen and exact changeover.

The front washers should also be a dark colour, but they fade almost as quick as the logo vanished.

Last edited:
They rub off but always came with them.

Always can with a shorter arm for the rear until the cartridge -C came out as mantioned above. Then they stuck to standard length, probably as frames had changed or the rear machine had broken, who knows.. 😂

The front washers should also be a dark colour, but they fade almost as quick as the logo vanished.

This is the conclusion me and seller have both come too.

Knowing Shimano - I did find it unlikely they would miss an opportunity to put XTR on a product.

Back