Looking for date for this Specialized Rockhopper

jat4

Retro Newbie
Hi folks,
new member here, spent the last couple of hours searching the various Rockhopper threads looking at photos etc trying to pin down a date on this late 80s (?) Rockhopper. My wife has had this bike since grad school, she thinks she bought it new in 1986 or thereabouts. I'm not seeing the color match on any of the spec sheets I've run across online, also not sure the graphics are 80s? from some of the discussions I've seen here. So wondering if maybe it's a later bike. I'm hoping folks here can help me get a more accurate date.

Really appreciate it! thanks in advance,
Jim T

Attachments

• IMG_5120.jpeg
    IMG_5120.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
that's really helpful. I'm seeing ST7 A3? online that looks like Shimano 1994? and as far as I know the bike is all original.

Attachments

• IMG_5123.jpeg
    IMG_5123.jpeg
    336.3 KB · Views: 1
and the rear derailleur shows a "TK," so that looks like Nov '95. Think that settles it. My wife on the other hand is completely bamboozled. 🤣 they say the memory is the first thing to go

Attachments

• IMG_5125.jpeg
    IMG_5125.jpeg
    367.1 KB · Views: 0
Maybe she's been lying about her age all this time and she's actually 10 years younger than you think?

lol. we met in 87, she thought she had this bike before she met me. The reality is that she has bought, sold, and traded so many bikes in her life I don't think she has a clear idea of when she got this one

Back