Late 90s Orange P7

retroJIM

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Hi folks,

So I've got this rather nice Orange P7 to build up and I've got a few questions for the Orange experts :cool:

I think this was was one of the first to have disc brake mounts but it also has v-brake bosses/posts. Does anyone know if they're removable?

Also am I right that the serial number indicates that this is from 1998?

I can't find this colour in any of the catalogues and I'll need to get some decals from Gil. Were the decals originally grey?

More photo's etc as the build progresses.

Attachments

• IMG_20210511_205152.jpg
    IMG_20210511_205152.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20210511_204718.jpg
    IMG_20210511_204718.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 23
Made in 98. 1999 season, 1st year of the disc mount Not seen that colour before. I've a disc one with redundant posts - don't think they're removable (without cutting!) but will take a closer look.

Capture.JPG

PS - pretty sure decals were same format as 98. See mine in signature. Look to be from catalogue - with the AAD seat tube decal.

Thanks @rwm1962, if they can't be removed I might change plans and go with v-brakes. Or maybe v-brakes on the back and discs on the front...

I have found just one picture of another P7 in this colour. I wish I had the matching forks 🤔

IMAG0025.jpg

Last edited:
I'll have to check at weekend. Hard to get to at moment. Looks good. Those forks are getting quite sought after.

Do you have the matching stem?
I'm sure I saw one that colour on eBay this morning

**Edit** Doh - apparently you do - as it was your ForSale thread I saw it on :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Do you have the matching stem?
I'm sure I saw one that colour on eBay this morning

**Edit** Doh - apparently you do - as it was your ForSale thread I saw it on :rolleyes:

:D Yeah, the threads are knackered and it's a bit long. I've got a shorter Orange Stalk stem and some Orange SuperCross 2 bars I was thinking of using.

I spotted some Orange F7 forks on eBay for around fifty quid but they were lime green, they sold before I could decide what to do.

Can anyone confirm what was the original headset on this era of P7? This one has a Tioga, not sure if it's original.

Back