Kona Misser replica 1997

Also definitely stick with Fox. As you've found Silverfish can still service them.
I had a Super Deluxe on a Santa Cruz a while back and whilst it may be different now there was no support at all for servicing/parts etc. Swapped it for a Vanilla. Which also seems to be a better quality, more well made product.

Look what arrived from Japan yesterday. Care to guess how much it cost including shipping?

y9roPo.jpg

Just need another one... ;)

I also scored in the same package some later Kujo's with the whopping 2.65" width. I won't use them but they were too good to miss so they'll be sold later in the year.

200w.gif

And you sir, owe me $100 🤣

Massive props for that, I owe you one!

The final piece of the puzzle: RaceFace DH cranks (with or without the BB) from circa 1996-98
1704374640458.png

1704378866494.png

Last edited:
Grips are called KONA “Spiral” seen on the bikes from 95.

You're the second person to put this forward, so perhaps I've been too dismissive.

I remember them well from my 95 Cinder Cone; thin and not very grippy. I ditched them pretty quickly 🤣

So the next question is, what were folks using in this era on their DH rigs? I'm very open to ideas!

You're the second person to put this forward, so perhaps I've been too dismissive.

I remember them well from my 95 Cinder Cone; thin and not very grippy. I ditched them pretty quickly 🤣

So the next question is, what were folks using in this era on their DH rigs? I'm very open to ideas!
Yes me too, they tore apart in no time. Definitely look the same. Prob used a pair per race.
I can’t wait to see the progress with this build! Amazing!!

How about ODI Attack grips? They were around back then, used/promoted by mr. Tomac for example, and are still available.

Back