Kids Zaskar (20") Version - Pimped Build Thread

Kevhl":1my2dv1z said:
Good shout on the Bmx cranks, Answer sets are out there too and as bad as it might be for suggesting it a single ring narrow wide cyclocross ring is perfect for retro crank sets on kids bikes. My daughter has shortened turbines with one on.
Also check out SJS Cycles — they have quite a few short cranks.

This looks lovely - are you prepared for the abuse the kids might dish out on it though? Not being negative, but dropping those lovely bars / bar ends on the trail or worse pavement would bring a tear to my eye! Leather Flite on concrete much the same.

Good luck though - beautiful

Re:

It's going to be a show pony first and then might swap a few bits out when my first born is older and actually wants to ride it. Cranks are high on my wish list at the moment. Will look into the hope hubs.

Re:

Decal testing. Had some full size decals left over from a '91 Zaskar I own, so thought I would test after the first polish. Think I'm just going to go for black and white decals so as not to fight with the 3DV kit too much. The year isn't correct (kids were '94 I believe) but I'm thinking it will look the business. I figure that it'll look good next to my other one. If it is good enough for the 20 year re-issue. Thoughts please.

Attachments

• decal_testing - 1.jpg
    decal_testing - 1.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 749
Re:

Carbon wrap to get around a problem with faded anodizing. Think it looks great and should match colour scheme.

Attachments

• decal_testing - 1.jpg
    decal_testing - 1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 640
Back